Top Scientists Alarmed At Orlando Invasion Of Pod People
Astonishingly, this near-silent invasion was predicted in a searing expose cleverly disguised as a science fiction movie called Invasion of the Body Snatchers, but was disregarded by a cheerfully complacent American public in the mid 1950s.
The disastrous result is that Orlando, Florida has now become the first city to be infiltrated by pods that have travelled from outer space to replicate and take the place of humans. Even with only "moderate" future growth of replicating Pod People, the average human population in the region could decrease by between forty and sixty percent by the year 2010, according to the classified Extraterrestrial Impact Assessment (EIA) report published by an international team of 300 researchers this week. According to one of the estimates used, the current population of Pod People could infiltrate the planet completely as early as 2020 unless something is done.
Life Cycle Of The Pod Person
The life cycle of the Pod Person consists of three stages: seed, larval pod, and adult human replicant. The larval pod is the most vulnerable stage, as it requires close proximity to a living human necessary for the next stage of the life cycle. After successful replication, the actual human is terminated so that the Pod Person may take over its new identity and mingle freely with the remainder of the population.
After replication the Pod Person resembles a typical, fine upstanding American, virtually indistinguishable from his neighbors. However, he or she has been sapped of emotional individuality and strives only to conform to a completely regimented society. They can occasionally be recognized by the following:
1. a bland suburban "home" in beige or taupe, which is surrounded for miles by identical homes in a gated or restricted community-- each with a perfectly green lawn that has been sprayed and fertilized into submission
2. one or more sports utility vehicles
3. matching clothing, generally in neutral tones, which may only belong to one of four or five approved designer brands
4. approved human activities and conversation topics limited strictly to work, golf/football, shopping and popular television shows
5. an overwhelming directive to consume conspicuously and then replicate
The Pod People assemble daily in a central location, where a loud speaker reads off the day's orders; additional commands are broadcasted subliminally and continuously from all television sets, which are required in each home. Neighboring humans who refuse to knuckle under to their directives and assimilate to what has been newly defined as the "American Way" will be replicated and terminated.
"We must resist the invaders and their attempts to erase humanity from the face of the earth," warned one top scientist. "It is important, because what is going on there is what will happen on the rest of the planet", he said, "but it may already be too late. Orlando is just the beginning."
* unidentified scientists examining larval Pod Person discovered recently in Orlando, Florida