Wednesday, March 16, 2005

???

I took a friend's advice and signed up for one of those online dating services where they match you with compatible people based on a questionnaire detailing lifestyle preferences, personality, etc.

Everyone I know on this thing has recieved multiple matches immediately, has continued to receive matches and has talked to at least one living person in the process. You should try it, blah blah blah, It's a great service, blah blah blah, You'll meets TONS of people, blah -- that's all I heard from various perky people who now have date-filled social calendars.

Apparently I failed the test, because I have recieved NO matches.

It's a bit disappointing, since I had my Date Questions and Are You Psycho quizzes all ready to go.

I suppose I shall have to go meditate on a mountaintop somewhere.

*****

ANYway, this post was terribly boring, so I'm throwing in a few items of interest:

Have You Been Abducted By Aliens?
Predict a Shag!
Make Your Own Lego Person
Evil Clown Generator
Cyborg Name Generator

6 Comments:

Blogger Larry Jones said...

Wait a minute: Do you mean you're not perky? I thought you were perky.
Anyway, now that you have written this, you should get a bunch of offers, just from your regular readers and lurkers. If this doesn't happen there is something terribly wrong with the menfolk in Florida. You should probably move to Hollywood (CA, that is).

3:32 AM  
Blogger Frally said...

Ignore Larry, come to New Zealand instead and I'll hook you up with a nice sheep farmer. Cos that's all that the men do here, farm sheep.

That's what you're looking for, right?

4:54 AM  
Blogger L said...

Larry: I am a fascinatingly perky person who has a social calendar filled with everything but dates...

Frally: now there's an idea!

Jim: I really wasn't sure what to think, as I am not unattractive. maybe I'm just too weird :)

6:34 PM  
Blogger SquirrleyMojo said...

The exact same thing happened to my sis-in-law; the only difference is I really do believe there are no matches for her on THIS planet . . .

9:49 AM  
Blogger Happy and Blue 2 said...

A fascinatingly perky person such as yourself obviously has dates coming out of the ying yang or thereabouts.
I know the real reason for this post was to let the blogger trolls know there is help for them on dating services..
You are such a humanitarian.
Uuuh, can you recommend a service..

10:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello L, give it a few days. at least they accepted you. another friend of mine filled out the whole questionnaire only to be denied membership because his personality type was so "unique" that the service was not going to be able to match him up with enough women.

7:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home