Monday, March 14, 2005

Post Annihilation

It's really quite distressing, the heartless manner in which Blogger has completely annihilated my previous post.

I had returned from a lovely musical outing at the New World Brewery in Ybor City, during which my friend Maelyn and I drank yummy framboise and listened to Keith's band play very, very loudly. However, they were not nearly as loud as the stage-fright stricken punk band that followed. We spent the evening admiring tattoos, screaming "What! WHAT?! I can't HEAR you!", tipsily constructing a new sign language comprised partially of obscene gestures, and generally just sitting around waiting for our ears to fall off.

Needless to say... it was inspiring.

So I trickled home and wrote the most incredibly moving and wonderfully fascinating post.

It was an oddly beautiful, yet compellingly written essay that would have been the most influential piece of writing during the twenty-first century. In it, I outlined my comprehensive (yet practical) plan for lasting world peace and the foundation for a better tomorrow. Gone would have been the fear of nuclear destruction, the dread of terrorism, the trepidation over border skirmishes and the angst over reading such dreadfully dull treaties. The solution defined was simple, easily managed and cost-effective for everyone concerned. Academics and politicians would have praised its emotional vibrancy and eloquent significance.

I would have been granted the Nobel prizes for Peace and Literature during lovely champagne-filled ceremonies on a mountaintop in Switzerland; exciting balloon-filled parades would have been held in my honor, and small children would have flung flowers and cookies at me wherever I went. The mayor would have given me the key to the city, and Johnny Depp would have finally realized that I was truly the love of his life, later whisking me away to a lovely chalet filled with books and masseuses.

It was that good.

However, I regret to inform you that I can't really remember it, unfortunately-- and it's all Blogger's fault.

11 Comments:

Blogger Kalleigh Hathaway said...

This is why I've taken to "select all" and "copy" before I hit publish. Then I hold my breath and watch it load. After it's up, I click on "view blog" to make sure it's there. Then I go about my work.

8:29 PM  
Blogger CG said...

this is why i hit "save as draft" about 4345 times before i post an entry. It's a sad state of blogger - but they need to dedicate the bandwith to all those "BUY A CAR NOW BUY A CAR NOW BUY A CAR NOW" blogs.

8:39 PM  
Blogger Ron Southern said...

The others are right. Also, write 2/3 or 3/4 of the post in Word and don't even go to the blogger editor until you're mostly just checking the accuracy of the html.

9:00 PM  
Blogger L said...

I usually select all and copy, but was an idiot this time and forgot. argh

9:26 PM  
Blogger aprilbapryll said...

I love admiring tattoos!... and the often tasty looking guys that are attached to them.

10:44 PM  
Blogger Frally said...

I WOULD HAVE LOVED TO READ THAT AWESOME POST OF YOURS. WHAT A BUMMER.*




*I'm shouting just in caes you're still deaf.

11:43 PM  
Blogger portuguesa nova said...

Ugh. Hate hate hate when that happens....though, admittedly, in your case, it seems kind of like a right-wing war-mongering conspiracy type deal. You may want to investigate further.

2:39 AM  
Blogger Larry Jones said...

Gee, I wish I could have read that lost post. I know I could implement World Peace, if I just had your blueprint. All hail to L, Princess of Peace!

2:23 PM  
Blogger Rhodent said...

I am so sorry that I have to miss that post! However, knowing your infinate abilities to spout words of wisdom, I am sure that similar thoughts will re-emerge to save the world.

Personally, if I am doing a post more than a paragraph or two, I usually save it as a draft a couple of times before I finish...just in case ;o) At my age I never know if my thoughts will ever re-assemble themselves!

On a side note, there was something on the news today of interest to tatoo lovers. It seems that there has been a lack of monitoring of what goes into the inks for tatoos. Evidently some tatoo ink has heavy metals as part of it's content. I guess a small tatoo isn't too dangerous, but those with large tatoos must wonder...

9:59 PM  
Blogger L said...

I think it WAS a conspiracy

favorite tattoo of the evening was a rather saucy looking Bettie Page in black and white.

10:34 PM  
Blogger Happy and Blue 2 said...

That is such a coincidence. I had a brilliant comment that would have shaken the blogger, nay the internet, to it's very foundations but it took so long to get to the comment box that all I can remember is that tattoos are made with lead paint and I like cookies..

10:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home