Monday, January 02, 2006

Happy New Year!

Well, there goes another year down the tubes! And, rather unfortunately, last year's resolutions were never quite followed to the letter....

But this year will be different!

I hereby promise, swear and do affirm that I shall faithfully follow each one of my New Year's resolutions:

1. Drink less caffeine (!!!)
2. Work out at the gym occasionally. Ogle the personal trainers!
3. Eat more things that are good for me. Like berries. And chocolate.
4. Refrain from belching in mixed company
5. Have more frequent dinner parties

**************

The New Year celebrations were Fun and Charming and only slightly Alcoholic. A group of us ate terribly delicious food at Casa Tina's and drank Apricot Wheat Ale and Christmas Farm Ale at the Dunedin Brewery. Discussion ranged from the inadvisability of wearing adult diapers on the ski slopes and the lack of port-a-potties in Times Square to sexual innuendoes and the fact that so many Belgians are Absolutely Mad about comic books.

Christmas was also good, despite the fact that it will be our last one at the family stomping grounds (the parents are getting a divorce). I cooked a delicious Christmas Eve dinner, baked a total of eight pies (only stepped in one), gave many wonderful presents (including a real disco ball) and received many wonderful presents (including this and this).

However, I still have NOT received a pony!

*************

Something less boring scheduled for tomorrow's post...

16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back, Lainey. Don't make any resolutions for this year, we love you just the way you are.

6:02 PM  
Blogger L said...

Thank you sir! I actually love me just the way I am too! Minus the caffeine addiction, however :)

8:48 PM  
Blogger glomgold said...

Happy (post) Christmas & New Year's. That book on the fantastical creatures looks awesome! I didn't know Weird NJ has now become a nationwide franchise. I see no reason why not though upon giving the matter some thought.

11:44 PM  
Blogger L said...

glomgold: it does, doesn't it?

9:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A boring L is better than 90% of other people when they're exciting.

9:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boring you will NEVER be! There has never been a boring bone in your body.
Good resolutions.

By the way... whatever happened to your archnemesis, the incompetent programmer with fat ankles? America wants to know!

9:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What neat books! There is always next year for the pony.

Happy 2006!

9:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

less caffeine? hideous and highly unattainable resolution. and blashemous to boot!!!

best wishes for 2006!

9:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're back! And pigs are flying! All is right with the world.

Great natural history book gift too. Someone knows your tastes. :)

10:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back, and a nifty 2006 to you!

I got the Weird US book for X-mas. Who knew there were so many wackos, decorating their haunted houses across the country...

10:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry New Year, darlin'. May I suggest chocolate-covered berries?

10:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just found your blog. Great stuff. And a fellow artist!

10:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

shame about the pony

happy new year

10:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't understand about the pony. I sent it care of "L" somewhere in Florida.
Check your mailbox..

10:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

First, Happy New Year! I tried the "drink less caffeine" thing today and I think I'll have an extra large latte tomorrow.

I'm sorry to hear about your 'rents, hope everything is okay with you.

Do I want to know the story behind you stepping in one of your pies?

BTW, we're off Mon. Jan. 16 and I'm takin off Tuesday. I've told the hubby we are going to visit a certain Monday night establishment we used to frequent a few years ago, come hell or high water. Wana come?

10:01 PM  
Blogger L said...

Comfort Addict: well, hopefully I'll dredge up enough of SOMETHING interesting sometime this week. Um, when I get around to it, that is...

Rhodent: Quite Fortunately, I no longer have to deal with that person! Yay!

Chickie: that is true.... and Happy New Year!

Roselle: You're right, of course. When I say I'm going to give of caffeine, I'm really just lying. However, I might display a little effort towards it, etc.

Lisa: Yes, I love the flying pig also... and the Natural History illustration book is indeed very cool

-C: heh heh... sounds like we have some interests in common then

Larry: Yes! You May!

NewShoes: thank you -- although I wouldn't call myself an artist, really. I'm more of an "irresponsible scribbler"

mr. anigans: yeah.... well, there IS always next year! I hope you had a lovely holiday filled with delicious kung fu movies

Happy&Blue: hah ha ha

Kosh: well, we've been expecting that development for quite some time now. I will post about the pie above.
And I would love to join you! Just let me know when & where to meet! I haven't been to the Castle in AGES

10:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home