Sunday, September 11, 2005

Out and About

L had a little lamb.

It was quite tasty too.

In fact, I had a little lamb at the Athenian Garden with John, Sherry, Bill, John and Ivy. Sherry, who's a vegetarian, said I should have ordered the baby lamb on a bed of veal surrounded by orphaned ducklings. I said she should be glad we were eating Greek, as I had tried for reservations at Fred Fleming's Barbeque, Sonny's Pit Barbeque, and Marge's Meat-O-Rama-- all to no avail.

Drank a bit of sangria. Discussed homebrewing, ham radio, gay nightclubbing, art, the Hub, the trouble with dating, karaoke, film festivals, architecture, people we don't see anymore and CB radio. Amused ourselves for a little while by giggling over Sherry's old CB handle in the 1970s: "Hubba Hubba"

Later popped on over to the Red Cross Benefit art show at the Vitale Gallery, which also had a band and a bachelor/bachelorette auction (Valerie looked quite sassy with red hair, a red dress and screaming red lipstick). As usual it was quite hot and featured many charming tattoos. Finally met *rachel of Midnight Culminations, who was there with Mark Michaels. Saw a few other artists: Jane and David Williams, Frank Strunk, Bask, etc. Met my new hairdresser and his boyfriend too.

Oh this is a boring post.

Joined MySpace this weekend. Promptly erased all my friends accidentally then had to re-add them one by one. At least my spastic flair for errors is consistent. I added a couple of pics there and decided to post them here as well since people keep asking what sort of art I do:



They're really derivative, but there you are.

21 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

if you're going to be derivative, you might as well go the route of my two favourites... magritte and miro. i dig.

11:00 PM  
Blogger L said...

the funny thing is that I started doodling those Miro-ish drawings back in middle school, before I'd even heard of Miro. They're relaxing to make

8:15 PM  
Blogger L said...

frustratedwriter: yes, but vegatarians contain slightly less protein than regular meat, I think

10:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed the art, and I'm glad you're a meat eater.
Bring on the steaks!

10:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If we arent supposed to eat animals, why are they made of meat?

10:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't like eggs but with the umbrella, they look almost appetizing. Maybe I'll scramble some up and eat them under an umbrella.

10:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You made these? How wonderful! I especially like the one with the eggs & umbrella. Ceci n'est pas un sucking up, I really do like them.

10:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmmmm - lamb. . . mmmmm - Greek food. Is this eggsistentialism?

10:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool. More, more!

10:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, eating with a vegetarian is a real drag. They're most irritating when a restaurant serves 50 entrees of which 1 is vegetarian. Just tell them that they're the ones who chose their nutty habit and that they should eat their pasta with tomato sauce and like it!

10:46 PM  
Blogger L said...

Jamie: I used to be vegetarian, (and I still eat a lot of vegetarian food), but I still love a big juicy piece of meat occasionally

Crazy Monkey: you got me, I don't know either

Chickie: I loves eggs

mariana: thanks!

moos: heh heh heh. Did you know that "National Aid and Abet Punsters Day" is coming up? (November 8th)

Lisa: eventually

comfort addict: dude, aren't you vegetarian? heh heh

10:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was great to meet you!

10:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmmm, lamb!

10:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I used to be a vegetarian too and still prepare some meals along those lines. But now? Nothing quite like a juicy steak (smothered of course in onion and mushrooms)

Your artwork is excellent. No really. That egg piece is priceless.

10:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

when did myspace become cool? the number of people i know not on it is diminishing rapidly

10:47 PM  
Blogger L said...

r*: I'm sure we'll see each other again sometime

Kosh: of course, it wasn't as good as mine

Weary Hag: thank you. The second one is an egg too, sort of

Mr. Anigans: I joined it because most of the artists I know are on it- a few of the funkier galleries too

10:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a divine time. I adore lamb and Greek food. LOL about Sherry's CB handle. That's often how I term my husband here in blogland. I've not revealed my CB handle yet.

10:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was a vegetarian, then a vegan for YEARS. My mother would say, "Can I offer you something? An apple - a glass of water, some organic peanuts? A knuckle sandwich?" When my ex left - the first thing I did was order a pizza. Within a week they were pepperoni pizzas.
And now I raise cattle - and sugar beets for crying out loud. What is the world coming to? Thanks for the heads up on the Punday!

10:47 PM  
Blogger L said...

Green-Eyed Lady: when you decide to reveal your CB handle, be sure to let me know

Moos: I was vegetarian for quite a while, but could have never gone vegan-- think of all the lovely cheese I would have missed!

10:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, it looks like fun to me. Art on!

10:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool. I should learn to paint.

10:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home