Sunday, May 08, 2005

Happy Mother's Day!


The Kentucky Derby Hat Party on Saturday was chock full o' hats and bourbon. I had no idea that one could create so many appetizers and desserts from bourbon, and I'm never having bourbon again. I enjoyed the party, although I did NOT win the jackpot and I did NOT win the hat contest. An adorable baby with saucer-like blue eyes and flowers stuck on its head won instead, which was hardly surprising. The only thing that could beat a baby with flowers is possibly a baby with flowers AND a puppy.

I forgot to bring a camera, but people keep requesting hat photos for some reason, so here are a couple of fairly geeky pictures from previous occasions: 1 and 2

To-day the family took my mother out to Bon Appetit, because, quite frankly, we are all just lucky to be alive. We were rather trying children.

Thanks Mom! Sorry about all those gray hairs!

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

WHAT do you mean grey hair?!? There is not one single grey hair on my head! Each one is very artfully colored or highlighted with great care!

Thank you for a wonderful day!

11:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there i think u are very intelligent woman i enjoy reading ur blog. i come back soon to read more

11:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't know your Mom was Rhodent. I had to go back to the family pictures on her site to confirm it.
Now I don't know what to say.
I think you're beautifu...you look nice in your hat, daughter of Rhodent..

11:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey... what happened to the Kentucky Hat Derby post? Perhaps I have early-onset dementia and imagined it. I was going to tell you how fetching your hats were, and how I couldn't compete with your adorableness, etc.

11:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you all enjoyed Mom's Day. I don't see any grey on her...Then again, I dont' think the front of Rho has been posted.

11:18 PM  
Blogger L said...

thank you Jason and Happy&Blue

Ms. Vile: I was feeling rather lazy, I'm afraid, so I combined the Kentucky Derby and Mother's Day into one very Lame post. Apologies, my dear

11:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, now I have to go to Rhodent's site! Glad the derby was a good time!

11:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the baby postcard - great swimmers, aren't they?

11:19 PM  
Blogger L said...

heh heh .... yes indeed!

11:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home