Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Tuesday: I Cook Yet Another Lovely Dinner


I have just finished washing approximately seven thousand eight hundred and ninety two dishes left over from my wonderfully stylish little dinner last night. The entire process has completely exhausted me, so I am considering a lawsuit against the Union of Concerned Scientists.

During the 1950s, scientists specifically promised that by the year 2000 we would have our very own jetpacks, bubblecars, underwater cities, extraterrestrial burger joints, personal talking robots and kitchens that automatically did all your cooking and cleaning. Unfortunately, they have dropped the ball and reneged on their promises, greatly disappointing millions of people. This shameful situation continues to the present day, and so far I have yet to see any sort of vaguely useful kitchen. My kitchen just sits there expecting me to do all the work, and I am quite perturbed over this shocking state of affairs.

However, I am a capable sort of person, so I have somehow managed to adapt and survive.

Last night's menu featured a wonderfully aromatic teryaki salmon with wild rice, an attractive salad, french bread and several bottles of wine. Dessert was vanilla bean ice cream with fresh strawberries and raspberries. My two charmingly artistic friends, Kym and Joe, trotted on over and declared it to be a delicious meal. Conversation was amiable and fascinatingly naughty, especially after some of us grew slightly tipsy.

Then we all lived Happily Ever After.

The End

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love a bit of naughty talk after a couple of wines.
I myself do have a kitchen that seems to magically clean itself...Or a compulsively clean husband. I'm not quite sure which, and I don't really care to find out!

11:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a tasty meal.
Where the hell are the fucking hovercars?!

11:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YUM! When are you going to invite me?

11:27 PM  
Blogger L said...

Frally: you lucky duck!

Glomgold: I am also Extremely Upset over my lacking a good hovercar.... maybe you should sue too

Rhodent: I should do another dinner soon...

11:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait. You actually have to cook the meal? Rats. Suddenly it is all starting to make sense.

11:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home