Thursday, April 28, 2005

House Hunting: Trials And Tribulations

To-day was Day One of house-hunting, because I've decided to move away from my rather sketchy neighborhood and rent a house with a friend. House-hunting is a bit easier than it sounds, as it doesn't require a special license or gun, and houses just sit around doing nothing in particular rather than fleeing in an alarming manner.

However, the process is still a bit tricky for a neophyte such as myself.

This afternoon we looked at what was supposed to be a rather charming 1920s bungalow with hardwood flooring and an adorable breakfast nook. In reality, our obviously deranged realtor offered us a tiny disaster of a house that was clearly designed for blind circus midgets. It would NEVER have enough room for all my books, my furniture, his piano and his wooden kung fu sparring dummy. So sad.

Tomorrow we look at another house. Wish me luck.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

so...do you have to pay like $19999.99 a month for rent down there like you do up here in NJ?

9:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

GL w/ the house hunting! So, while I was out of the blogging world for 3 wks, did you meet a significant man? IS that whose in the pix your mom took? Is that why you glow in those photos?? It's my night to be a nosey blogger.

9:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Luck! I just went through it. It CAN be fun. In a sick, sorted kind of way.

9:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

'wooden kung fu sparring dummy'. Awesome! Who needs a house when you've got that?

9:09 PM  
Blogger L said...

green-eyed lady: we're just friends who would make good housemates. I just thought the picture was amusing Don't worry everyone; I'm not THAT sort of girl! Except when I am, of course.

It's all on the up-and-up

mr. anigans: rent can be expensive for a decent place. that's why we're considering renting together -- to save $$ so we can save up to each buy our own place.

9:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm thinking you missed out on a golden opportunity with the first place. You should've found the circus midgets, applied for a government grant to rehabilitate drunken randy circus midgets, working the cost of repairs into your budget that also pays you a hefty salary as the executive director of Midget Haven, where circus midgets and heaven collide, sans the clowns and itty bitty car.

Just a thought.

9:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you have better luck on your next hunt!

9:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck! I HATE house-hunting and do not envy you one iota. Hope you get a good one!

9:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope your househunting goes well. There are tons of houses in So. Tampa, but not so much that are worth paying what they want you to pay. What are you looking to spend? I swear I've seen every house in Tampa (and other places). There's a house off Euclid on Bay View that is nice on the inside and has a huge backyard. The front doesn't look like much, but it's got a huge front room for splitting into living room/library/dining room. and the room that you walk into, while not working so well as an actual room would work well for a piano.
Just a thought What are you doing tomorrow?

9:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh how I love blogging for the marvelous sense of humor I read!
(Sometimes it's hard to keep my comments PG rated but I'm being a good girl...now

9:12 PM  
Blogger L said...

don't worry, PG is not necessarily required here

9:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home