Friday, January 07, 2005

A Short Post About I.H.O.P.

Tonight I experienced the wholesome sticky goodness of I.H.O.P. (International House of Pancakes!) while hanging out with a Colorado/drummer/web geek/bike boy acquaintance with fun hair. And my stomach still functions! After three cups of something that almost, but not quite, resembles coffee in a general sort of way.

While this particular I.H.O.P. did not attract quite the same caliber of weirdness I USED to see, I still noted the mandatory Old Guy waving his hands and arguing with himself (he resembled Gollum with a large toupee). No drag queens, though. When I used to go to I.H.O.P. at 2 a.m., I would see drag queens....

The waitresses were very time-warpy, trotting about with highly feathered hair.

The food I ordered was un-delicious; OH WHY did I not order the lovely chocolate chip pancakes with whipped cream blobs? They beckoned to me seductively, displaying their chocolately chipness quite wantonly. I am a loser for ordering a normal breakfast.

And that's really it. We looked at cool classic car pics, discussed how we are such media whores, briefly touched on the topic of Why Tampa Is Not So Cool and How The Strip Clubs Are Running Amok...

I'm sorry; I can't really bother to be even remotely entertaining right now. I'm tired. It's 1:33 am. I ate half a loaf of bread, I'm cranky, and I'm going to bed now.

7 Comments:

Blogger Larry Jones said...

What's a media whore?

2:43 AM  
Blogger M said...

Ahhh, IHOP. Where else can you get incredibly good pancakes, great coffee and a free floor show? The freak potential at any IHOP is way up there, a 9 on a scale of 1 - 10, not to mention the waitresses who look and act like they used to work at Mel's Diner with Flo.

11:06 AM  
Blogger Peter Wall said...

I guess I have an atypical IHOP, because the only freaky thing I ever see there is the overdone, garish decorations. They've always got stuff stapled to the walls and streamers going everywhere, and goofy things hanging from the light fixtures with the names of all the employees. For almost a year they had a big fake tree made of rolled and crumpled brown and green construction paper. Hideous. I usually go there alone with a newspaper or a book and try not to look around, because the decorations are so awful.

9:18 PM  
Blogger aprilbapryll said...

they have yummy yummy nut & bran (or oat & bran or oat & nut, hell i don't know) pancakes and you can order hot syrup with it..... ahhh, tasty goodness.
i've not been to middle-of-the-night ihop since i saw some play about 6 years ago and went there afterward, and the trip was uneventful.

10:48 AM  
Blogger L said...

media whore: n,
1. one who watches far too many movies, reads far too many books and cannot bear to be parted from online access for more than two hours.

2. one who will go to great and occasionally outrageous lengths to acquire a desirable edition of A.) a film B.) software C.) a book or D.) an album

also see: GEEK, NERD, FILM SLUT, BOOK DORK

media whores (pl)
media whorish (adj)
meda whorishly (adv)

11:43 AM  
Blogger L said...

I am still upset over not ordering chocolate chip pancakes

11:44 AM  
Blogger L said...

Awful House

10:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home