Monday, December 13, 2004

Nerd Herds and Apple Pie

Because I am still wallowing in singleness I decided to hit the I.T. holiday party with friends. I invited the adorably accented Anna, and Stephany invited Simone the short Italian man. Our group formed a typical nerd herd with Shawn and his wife, Debbie and her new boy toy, Cynthia and Chad. The party constituted an even larger nerd herd, but everyone had the good sense to not talk shop; probably because they were too busy gambling. I decided to wear a sassy outfit and exciting stockings because you really can't be too careful these days. I mean, what if the car breaks down and an attractive young man stops to help? One must be prepared.

Because I am bored and I like the sound of "a herd of nerds", I thought of other group names that improve on the old "pride of lions" and "a business of ferrets" theme:

1. a clot of goths
2. a sum of accountants
3. a smear of politicians
4. a spat of siblings
5. a twinkle of drag queens
6. a giggle of school girls
7. a snarl of lawyers
8. a hush of librarians
9. a vanity of actors
10. a @!$#! of bikers

I suppose it's obvious that I'm procrastinating on some things right now...

On Sunday I accidentally made apple pies with Cynthia (for the fourth weekend in a row). We're absolutely depraved, I'm afraid. I try not to make apple pie, really I do, but somehow it just keeps happening. And of course we can't let it go to waste, so we HAVE to eat it. And you just can't eat it properly without the proper amount of vanilla bean ice cream... yum!

Also watched the latest Zatoichi movie with the blind Japanese masseuse who kicks serious yakuza butt-- yeah! Then I went to help my mother decorate the Christmas tree with little mice and angels and things.

Then I went home. The End

4 Comments:

Blogger Peter Wall said...

Nerd herd! Ha ha ha! I need to find one of those. Is it like that "special" herd in the movie Ice Age? (I love that movie.)

1:04 AM  
Blogger L said...

hmm... it sounds like I need to see that Ice Age flick -- I thought it looked cute, but if contains anything resembling a nerd herd, then I really have to see it

6:25 PM  
Blogger Peter Wall said...

Oh, you must see Ice Age. It's all about weirdos forming alternative family groups and males who are actually caring and nurturing, instead of just buffoons. Very cool.

2:44 AM  
Blogger Iceland Eyes said...

Funny stuff, your new classification system. "Clot of goths" seems, well, right, doesn't it?
Thanks for stopping by Iceland, L. I'll visit here again soon.

5:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home