Sunday, February 18, 2007

Lazing About....

Current Status: Lolling about indolently
Outlook: further lazing around, general droopiness and sloth

I'm supposed to be shopping for ingredients, as I'm hosting a teensy little dinner to-night. However, I sense a mad dashing about and last-minute panic in my future. Exhaustion has set in after yesterday's ultimate frisbee tournament -- the Presidential Plastic Platter Hatter. My team was named "The White Lies", which, rather unfortunately, sounds just like "The White Lice!! Go White Lice!!!" when cheered from the sidelines.

The road trip consisted of my driving my tiny pink station wagon crammed full of sweating, farting men who entertained me on the way back by whistling such favorites as "This Land is Your Land" and "100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall". Truly a magical experience. heh heh


The question for today is: what shall I serve for dinner tonight?


Perhaps a nice "Luncheon Meat Pate"? It's just oozing with cream cheese, green olives and yummy lunch meat goodness! The festive garnishes of leftover christmas tree branches and red licorice are an especially nice touch I think.












Of course, I can always opt for the "Tomato-Tuna Mold garnished with deviled eggs" and served with what appear to be milkshakes, pumpernickel bread and bowls of dish soap. Mmmmm mmmm!







But really, I think I will choose the thrifty yet economical "Spam 'N' Limas", which is both 'ah inspiring' and chock full of mysterious, slithery, spammy delight. It's certain to be a hit at any dinner party, regardless of the season!

Labels: , , , , , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger nanuk said...

My mom used to put some kraft cheese slices on top of the Spam and Limas and put it under the broiler until it got that distinctive charred look to it. Et voilà, Spam and Limas gratinée.

But seeing as how you're hosting company, substitute Velveeta for the slices.

2:50 PM  
Blogger Larry Jones said...

Wow. I thought lima beans were extinct.

9:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As the saying goes "Nothin says lovin like spam and lima from the oven"..
Might I suggest that you serve it with glasses of Kaopectate. Or that you serve it in an open area away from flames..

10:44 PM  
Blogger L said...

Nanuk: that sounds, um, delicious. heh heh

Larry: they should be! we hates 'em

happy and blue: what a great idea... I shall be sure to consider that for my next dinner :)

3:29 AM  
Blogger fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

Spam is best fried and served with eggs and white gravey!

9:03 AM  
Blogger L said...

mushy: ha ha! have you actually eaten that?

10:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home