Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Another Year... Not Dead Yet!

To-day was my birthday, which was celebrated idling in doctor's offices discussing new and exciting age-related illnesses, as well as having my skin poked and prodded for various and highly dangerous skin cancers. It was all terribly exciting, and my doctor high-fived me when he discovered that I'd developed my very first age spot!

After a wonderfully charming lunch with Sandra and Rene, I shuffled home to have a series of small heart attacks over house prices, reminisce over the past, and complain loudly about all these irresponsible young whippersnappers running around with their pants down.

The questions for today are: should I start discussing things like gastrointestinal disorders and sciata? And what is sciata exactly, and how does one go about acquiring it? Also, would one of those little pill organizers lettered with the days of the week really make a good investment for someone like me?

Other Purchases to Ponder:
1. a large plastic flower or tennis ball to place on my car antenna
2. a muumuu
3. orthapedic shoes
4. an enormous (yet cool!) tricycle for hauling groceries around
5. the complete collection of Lawrence Welk

I had other items to add to the agenda but cannot remember what they were, as I've been busy forgetting my medications and wandering off.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww, happy birthday sweetheart :-)

8:05 AM  
Blogger Kosh Naranek said...

Happy Birthday!! So sorry I missed it yesterday. I will by you a beer next time we're out.

10:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's sciatica and while you can do things to bring it on, often it just happens.

happy birthday, btw.

also: I'm about to become your semi-co-worker again.

2:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday! I have sciatica ... it's basically a pinched nerve in my lower back that radiates into my leg every once in awhile. I think it's shoe-related, but I'm not giving up my heels ...

4:27 PM  
Blogger Larry Jones said...

Don't worry kiddo: I will be around year after year to remind you that you are still (just) a babe. Also, Lawrence Welk was WAY ahead of his time. He was the Bob Marley of Polka.

4:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, the other night you told me your birthday was soon, but i didn't know it was that soon. Happy belated birthday!

You should also purchase one of those visor hats made of wicker for your ensemble.

9:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry I missed your birthday post...HAPPY BIRTHDAY anyway!

11:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday..

11:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday !! Make sure the visor has one of those green plasticky looking visor parts so you can see through it without having to crane your poor ol neck.... hehehe.
If you can talk about it, I'm sure you're still kickin it. This was a funny post !

Many happy Returns. I'll be so happy to say I don't live in Tampa anymore.

12:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday. Today (the 1st) is my birthday. What a glorious week for the world.

I've got to start reading your blog again!

9:29 AM  
Blogger Chickie said...

Happy Birthday! Better late than never, huh?

2:02 AM  
Blogger L said...

tim: thank you, my little sugar muffin :)

kosh: thanks! I won't turn down a beer

joe: sciatica! I forgot! I think I forgot due to old age creeping up on me.... I heard you are coming back -- awesome! let's get together soon

anonymous: thank you! wow, a lot of people certainly seem to suffer from sciatica....

Larry: the bob marley of polka, eh? heh heh heh

Craig: thank you :) a wicker hat? now why didn't I think of that?

anonymous: no worries! I basically spent the day in doctor's offices anyway....

happy and blue: thanks dahling :)

anonymous: thank you! I'm glad you liked the post! and I think a green plastic visor would be an excellent fashion accessory for playing shuffleboard...

Professor Twain: happy belated birthday to you too! it is so nice to hear from you! I remembered your birthday was close to mine, but couldn't remember which day it was....

Chickie: thank you :)

12:09 PM  
Blogger NPR Junky said...

Oh, happy birthday, you! I'm sorry I'm getting to this late, but the sentiment is there, nonetheless. And even some of us "young whippersnappers" are dull and boring, with a house full of 8 cats and a rocking chair. No kidding. Happy Birthday again!

6:04 PM  
Blogger Cyrus said...

Aw, jeez. I'm rather beyond tardy...but Feliz CumpleaƱos!

10:24 PM  
Blogger L said...

NPR Junky: thank you! hee hee!

Cyrus: thank you too! :)

8:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home