Monday, October 17, 2005

Gallivanting and Getting Ready For Fantasy Fest

This weekend was quite busy between attending delicious art shows and other shenanigans... I dragged the Accidentally Acquired Man out with me, and we hit the GraphicStudio art sale/exhibition, which showcased discounted works by artists such as William Wegman, Robert Rauschenberg, James Rosenquist, Vik Muniz, Chuck Close, and John Waters(!) of Pink Flamingos fame (I purchased a piece by Robert Fichter) We also hit the Cross-Pollination show at Covivant gallery, saw the movie Thumbsucker, caught part of a set by the Redliners, blah blah blah!

I'm too lazy to post more, and I am busy getting ready for Fantasy Fest, etc. So I will be incredibly lame and post random images from previous years during the rest of the week.

nice example of body painting


me with a random drag queen and my high school friend


more body painting and one of my brothers


it's true -- there really are aliens in Key West


My friend is posing with these guys because one of them caught his stilt feathers on a police barricade and couldn't get free until she borrowed a pocketknife and cut him loose.


I'm the monkey in the middle


Pink is always very In


me with a few other body painters


This guy's chest says "Victoria's Secret Revealed"


Groucho Marx and his lady friend


I'll post more old pics tomorrow

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What lovely photos. Be careful, you delicate flower, don't get blown away by the fierce winds of Wilma!

6:54 PM  
Blogger L said...

hopefully it won't spoil my vacation!

8:05 PM  
Blogger M said...

Devil girl reminds me of a very young Kate Bush, and I love your roaring twenties outfit!

10:24 PM  
Blogger L said...

mariana: the devil girl was just way too adorable... and thanks for the compliment :)

4:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

let's hope that stupid Wilma avoids the Keys so as to not interfere with our FF plans for this year...

10:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did like this post. You are so darn cute even if you hang out with strange people. And the body painting of the Cheerios tshirt on your brother is quite realistic..

10:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am shocked... shocked!! at this decadent behavior, and I will expect a full report, leaving out nothing, upon your return from this years' Fest.

10:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fantasy Fest is on my to-do list for next year.

What a hottie you have for a brother!

10:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your brother IS a cutie (said in a most respectful 'mom' kind of way - sort of)

This looks like a fun way to spend a weekend.

If that is truly Victoria's secret? Then the chain really does overcharge for their goods.

10:05 PM  
Blogger L said...

tickgirl: yeah, I will be quite perturbed if I have to miss Fantasy Fest this year. I will suffer from withdrawal symptoms and be very cranky, especially if I can't make it to the Pet Parade and Masquerade

Happy&Blue: thank you sir

Larry: yeah, I thought your delicate sensibilities would be offended. I will post a warning on my next post, just for you

Chickie: FF is still very fun, although it is starting to become too mainstream (i.e., too many fratboy drunks without costumes trying to turn it into Mardi Gras)

Weary Hag: My brother will be pleased to know that he has scored on the Hot-Meter, I'm sure. And I couldn't stop giggling when I first saw that Victoria's Secret guy.

10:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am going to fantasy fest 2013. Any advice?

4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home