Monday, October 03, 2005

Friday in NYC

Most of my photos did not turn out (and I seem to have mixed up the days somehow), but here is a rather sassy photo of Yours Truly as we prepare for an outing.

Please note the wonderfully improved muscle tone in the upper arms.

***

On Friday we hit some galleries in Chelsea, focusing first on the main Gallery building there, which contains Jonathan LeVine among other wonderful things. Jonathan is terribly nice and shows vaguely dreamy underground/"lowbrow"/pop surrealist artists like Ray Caesar, Miss Van, Gary Baseman, and Scott Musgrove.

My second favorite gallery of the day was the Bitforms Gallery, which had these amazingly kinetic and interactive sculptures by Daniel Rozin, who creates an eerie funhouse effect with his pieces. One sculpture captured individuals' images and broke them down into various bits, retaining incredibly creepy and ghostlike images of previous viewers long after they walked away. Another had hundreds of black and white wheels that turned together to reflect the shadow as each viewer moved.

Other city sightings of the day:
1.) many, many tiny dogs on anorexic leashes
2.) piles of hot bread and pies and tarts and gooey cakes at the Hot N' Crusty
3.) honking, cursing cabbies
4.) what seemed to be hundreds of pouting male models with highly fashionable cheekbones
5.) many, many New Yorkers (who are apparently tired of summer fashion) wearing scarves and coats in 70 degree weather.


Random Quotes:
"I don't want to be gay anymore. I just want to be queer."
"I prefer 'European', myself."

"Now there's something you won't see in Tampa."
"What?"
"You know how everyone's addicted to workshops here?"
"Yeah"
"Well here's an ad for a fisting workshop"
"Oh my god, really?"
"Yeah, apparently they have a specialized instructor"

"You want to eat again?!!"
"What else is there to do?"


* random fashion photo of me and Evan showing our gams

14 Comments:

Blogger Happy and Blue 2 said...

Cute girl. The outfit is nice too.

11:26 AM  
Blogger L said...

thank you both :)

5:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my god this is a perfectly adorable photo of you. (both of them, actually - lovin' the shoes!)

Hm. A fisting workshop. I knew there were a few things I hadn't managed to do yet before moving from there. The things we miss out on. *sigh*

10:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, my... The Already Inappropriate Intarweb Schoolboy Crushing has just been amplified by the inclusion of pictures.

What a cutie patootie

10:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can see from the above picture that your daily attire is indeed quite of the flapper variety. I'm sorry I doubted you!
I remember thinking that Toy Tokyo store looking quite interesting though something frightened me off in a hurry. I'm going to guess it was the prices.

10:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I dig the jazz age look!

10:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You look so cute! Lovin' the hat and dress.

10:31 PM  
Blogger L said...

weary hag: I just couldn't stop laughing after hearing about that "workshop". Those New Yorkers....

PeterB: thank you sir ;)

glomgold: Toy Tokyo was very, very, very, very cool

Mariana: it's my favorite too I think

Kosh: thanks!

10:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You look far, far too fabulous. I think it's time to make scathing comments behind your back :)

10:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Delicioso! I think I have a girl-crush on you now, L.

10:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmm - there are some things that I didn't think folks needed lessons for. What do I know?

I love the ferry flapper fringe!

10:32 PM  
Blogger L said...

ms vile: ooh! I love catty commentary!

Kayten: we aim to please

moos: after that workshop ad, I think that I may have seen it all...

10:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YOU LOOK STUNNING!!!! Love the full layout pic. Fabulous!

10:32 PM  
Blogger L said...

NPR Junkie: thank you :)

10:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home