Monday, October 03, 2005

Thursday in NYC

Here I am with the divine Miss C, enjoying the CircusPunks art show above Toy Tokyo in the East Village.

As you can see, my hair is quite short this week.

***

After being driven to the city by a wildly Turkish, madly gesticulating and highly political cab driver, Kathie and Brandt and I arrived at Carrie's new digs: an adorable apartment she shares with her exotic Romanian girlfriend in the middle of Manhattan. It was loaded with all the necessary amenities: books, art, wood floors, a view of Central Park and chewing gum.

We wandered the city a bit, passing the funky EastVillage radio station and eventually meandering over to the CircusPunks artist reception. Both Brandt and Kathie had very cool pieces in the show, which seemed to have hundreds of plush toys designed by everyone from Tim Biskup and Gary Baseman to Frank Kozik and Joe Ledbetter. We met very fun artists and a hilarious handbag collector named Evan, who is also very tall.

Later we had fizzy champagne and lovely food at a highly interesting restaurant named Frankie's.


Quote of the Evening:
"Can I throw my cigarette right here on the ground?"
"Are you kidding me? You can piss right here!"

16 Comments:

Blogger Toasty Moe said...

I have you bookmarked. I'll be back.

1:37 AM  
Blogger L said...

I'll check out your blog...

5:55 PM  
Blogger brendalove@gmail.com said...

THE REAL L!! Live and in a photograph!
You're beeeeyooootiful!

6:11 PM  
Blogger L said...

thank you dahling ;)

6:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wish I hadn't been stuck in TN. Love the Circus Punks

10:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful. You've managed to capture my entire city of birth in you final "Quote of the Evening."

Can't wait to catch up and read all your news.

10:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't understand anything you wrote about but you sure are cute..

10:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back! You look incredibly similar to your blog photo in the right side bar, or is that really you anyway? And, the short hair looks good!

10:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great travelogue (this whole series)! I felt like I was there. Don't need to go now. Upper arms looking good, too.

10:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Any town where you can piss on the street has got to be one jumping place.

Loving hearing about your travels!

10:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had fun! You deserve it with all the work you do

I still have some polka dot shoes with your name on them, you know ...

10:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yea, you're back. Hope you loved the big Delicious. Personally, I prefer Galas. Fujis are good too.

10:27 PM  
Blogger L said...

jpr: yeah, they were fun

weary hag: it was my favorite quote of the entire trip

Happy&Blue: thank you :)

Lisa: thanks! the sidebar photo is actually not me(it's really an actual vintage pic), but I have been shot in a similar fashion before

Larry: thanks!

Chickie: it is definitely a very fun town

April: hmm...we should get together this week and go shopping! Want to go to La France on Saturday?

Kosh: heh heh

10:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aaah... that last quote. The antithesis of Los Angeles, and why I love NY so much...

10:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Quote of the evening - ah yes, my hometown, too. . .

Great upper arms & everything else!

10:28 PM  
Blogger L said...

ms. vile: I thought it was the perfect summary

moos:thank you m'dear

10:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home