Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Blogging Better, Farter, Smaster!

As our customers know, Random_Speak is dedicated to providing a top quality product in the blogging community. We're focused intensely on blogging even better, farter, and smaster than ever before! If we're forced to read websites in Japanese, we read Japanese. If we're asked for delicious recipes, we provide delicious recipes. If we have an itch, we scratch it.

To-day we will discuss our date the other evening, because, really, we have nothing better to do.



Outfit: casual jeans and a completely adorable top to show off a teensy bit of something that is almost, but not quite, cleavage (after all, you can't be too careful these days, can you?)

Demeanor: Charming

The Plan: coffee at Starbucks, random discussion and perhaps a little light ogling. Of course, one can always bring the dating questionnaire or ask other important questions such as:
1. Are you currently on any anti-psychotic medication?
2. Do you take a firm stand for or against leftover pizza for breakfast?
3. Do you typically squeeze toothpaste from the bottom, the middle, or the top?
4. Henry Miller or Tom Clancy?
5. Do you play Scrabble?

The Actual Activities: pancakes and turkey and coffee at a late-night restaurant. Pool and foozball at a seedy bar (I let him beat me horribly at both, because that's how well-mannered I am).

The Outcome: possibly a movie at Tampa Theatre this weekend, unless he figures out just how nerdy I really am before then.

*****************************************************************


Random Restaurant recommendation:
Cafe Alma
I had the loveliest filet with roquefort and a richly reduced sauce, sweetly crisp baby carrots, deliciously potato-y mashed potatoes and a very mellow red wine that was black in my glass. Dessert was pear creme brulee with fresh blueberries and strawberries surrounded by artistic goo.

17 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love Cafe Alma. It's part of my hypothetical best date ever, which I was only hours from actually engaging in before she canceled. But the plan still lies latent, waiting for the next girl who deigns to agree to my asking her out.

2:03 AM  
Blogger brendalove@gmail.com said...

I'm down with the artistic goo!

10:07 PM  
Blogger L said...

their food has definitely improved -- it's quite yummy now, and their artistic goo isn't bad

8:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good time was had by all.

Does artistic goo taste better than regular goo...or autistic goo for that matter?

10:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

First comes pancakes and turkey...then comes a movie...the comes a baby in the baby carriage.

Or at least that's how I learned things growing up.

10:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I keep thinking I've been reading and commenting, but I just realized that I've only been reading and enjoying. So, tonight's comment: I'll always think of you when I'm holding the five of hearts. Also, if he figures out how nerdy you are, I should think that would get you an upgrade from the Tampa Theatre...

10:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

But we still have no description of what he was wearing, and what he was like, and what he said, etc. How are we to live vicariously through you without any of these details?

10:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And, what ever happened with the young republican? He didn't make the cut?

10:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

C/Alma is just, like, a restaurant now, isn't it? I kinda remember some bad-ass weeknight jammin' there for awhile, but then on Tues., I went there at about eleven and the door was locked. Locked, I tell you!!

More details on your date, please. Is he a nice kisser?

10:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the tip 'o the hat by the TBT. Well deserved!

10:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Foozeball and light ogling sounds like fun. But what of the conversation?

10:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you had a good time... sounds like it... am haveing major problems with my RoadRunner cable... the connection keeps going haywire... makes bloggin difficult...need to get them out here to fix it, but who has time tostay home???

10:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anyone who squeezes the toothpaste tube from the top is a lunatic! That big round thing is in the way. From the bottom? Too much work to get to that saccharin-y fluoride goodness.
I say squeeze from the middle. This way only occasionally does one need to consolidate the remaining product that's left inside the tube.

10:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fabulous (yet delightfully funny) Date-Log. I'm taking notes for my next date... which should be sometime before I die. Possibly. Glad to hear your blogging efforts are getting farter and smaster - an inspiration to us all, L!!

10:31 PM  
Blogger L said...

jpr: artistic goo is best, really

moocow: hmmm.... that's a little different than what I remember

Larry: the five of hearts? I might need some drugs or a lobotomy to get that precise smile though

Mariana: he was very nice & wore a basic man shirt and man pants. He's artsy AND nerdy.

Lisa: the Young Republican and I had absolutely nothing in common, except for the fact that we both loathed lima beans

r*: they're definitely more of a restaurant now. Kissing on the first date? I'm not THAT sort of girl, except when I am, of course Another date tonight, so we shall see

Peter: thank you! You deserved it too, by the way

Heidi: conversation was good: art, books, silent movies, food, etc.

Rhodent: that sucks Mom. hope you get it fixed

glomgold: I like the way you think, Sir

Lippy: that's why I blog-- to inspire everyone

10:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you guys go out again, L? Maybe you should dazzle him with your ability to extemporaneously normalize tables (quite the DBA party trick).

10:32 PM  
Blogger L said...

har har har :)

10:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home