Sunday, September 18, 2005

As Requested.....

There have been several requests for my orange bundt cake recipe ....

This is not a Food Blog. I repeat: this is not a Food Blog.

However, I shall cave in to peer pressure.

Orange Zest Bundt Cake

Ingredients:
2 and 3/4 cups sugar
1 and 1/2 cups butter
2 teaspoons vanilla
6 eggs
1 cup sour cream
3 cups flour
the grated orange peel from 6 oranges
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt

**optional**
powdered sugar
fresh berries
fresh whipped cream

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 F
2. Grease and lightly flour a heavy cake pan (preferably a heavy, decorative molded bundt cake pan)
3. In large bowl, beat sugar and butter until lightly fluffy
4. Beat in vanilla, then the eggs one at a time
5. In a medium bowl, mix flour, orange peel, baking powder and salt
6. Alternate adding the dry ingredients and the sour cream to the ingredients in the larger bowl
7. Mix very well and pour into cake pan
8. Bake at 350 F for approximately 65 minutes (make certain that an inserted toothpick in the center of cake comes out cleanly)
9. cool for a bit
10. dust with powdered sugar, if desired
11. serve with fresh whipped cream (NOT that canned stuff) and oodles of fresh berries
12. Eat
13. Go to the gym.

15 Comments:

Blogger L said...

it is a terribly good recipe.....

11:27 PM  
Blogger VirusHead said...

Mmmmm - sounds divine.

9:44 PM  
Blogger L said...

it was :)

10:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds heavenly. But I have no gym. . . thank goodness! And since this is NOT a food blog, I won't ask - how do you manage to keep your bundts from sticking to the pan? Whether I grease or grease & flour - they never want to leave.

10:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hear those silicone molds are great for keeping cakes from sticking. I must try them sometime, for this recipe.

10:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Arrr! It's "Talk Like a Pirate Day" and yer cake sounds like the perfect grub to celebrate. Does it go well with Grog?

10:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your new food blog. But didn't you used to be funny?

10:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your new food blog. But didn't you used to be funny?

10:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds yummy!

10:35 PM  
Blogger L said...

moos: I just greased the hell out of it and put only a teensy bit of flour on the pan.

mariana: I've heard the same thing, but haven't bought any yet

jpr: hey! I thought it was on the 16th! I can't believe I missed it! ARRRRR!!!!

Brett: I have been called funny..... looking.

Rhodent: oh yes, it is

10:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my lord... I am quite literally drooling. Damn you and pour pastry confections! (weakly shakes fist while continuing to slobber like Pavlov's Pooch)

10:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

(the slobber was so prolific that it caused my finger to slide off the "Y" key for the word "Your" and hit the "P" key instead)

(continues the drooling)

10:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

MMmmmmmmm


Bundt

10:37 PM  
Blogger L said...

Peter: I wouldn't worry about it. People ALWAYS have that reaction around me

rainypete: yes, it's terribly good I have to say

10:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home