Sunday, August 28, 2005

Live From the Dating Scene

Some people say I'm a glutton for punishment; others say that I simply cannot learn from my mistakes. Regardless, I actually went on a date this weekend.

According to this old ad:

'"Pick-up" acquaintances often take girls autoriding, to cafes, and to theatres with the intention of leading them into sex relations. Disease or child-birth may follow. Avoid the man who tries to take liberties with you. He is selfishly thoughtless and inconsiderate of you. Believe no one who says it is necessary to indulge sex desire'

Good thing I saw this after the date and not before. I had absolutely NO idea that my maidenly temple could be violated in such a sacrilegious manner. And of course, one should avoid Diseases like childbirth whenever humanly possible, so I shall have to avoid movie theatres and cafes in the forseeable future.

My chance acquaintance was very nice, although a Young Republican. I said I'd heard rumors that at Young Republican meetings they sit around, light candles and chant sacred hymns to Ronald Reagan. He didn't deny it.

However, the food was delicious, so I may possibly go out again.

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad the date wasn't a total waste of time.
Maybe this Young Repub will capture your heart and make you pine for those dreaded diseases.
Eeeew! That didn't come out quite right.

8:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good food is good food!

8:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, no - that's the OLD republicans.

8:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

how young do you have to be to be considered a young republican?

8:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say don't ravish him and make an honest young man out of him as soon as possible

8:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How in the h-e-double hockey sticks do you always manage to end up dating super conservatives? Im beginning to thing that you may be a closet Republican yourself.

8:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aren't liberties and the subsequent happiness the American way? I'm so disappointed.

8:08 PM  
Blogger L said...

jamie dawn: I thought, "what the heck? it'll be fun to get out of the house"

that girl: don't you mean "good food is good food is good food"? It's so much more Gertrude Stein-ish

moos: heh heh

mr. anigans: not sure on that one, but apparently you can be in your 30s

mariana: I thought the whole point of dating someone is to do a little ravishing

jpr: no, I'm very liberal. There are very few liberals where I live though-- it is definitely Republican country.

Ms. Vile: well, I've decided that I'm all for the pursuit of liberties :)

8:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not ALL Republicans are evil, after all! Maybe he is more middle of the road or you can teach him the error of his ways!

At any rate HAVE FUN! Opposites do attract, but the important things are what you have in common! Glad it was a fun date and that you actually went.

8:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Childbirth is a disease. I knew it!!

8:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like to think that I'm pretty broadminded but I don't think that I could have dated a young Republican (or an old one, for that matter) unless she had been the Bill Milliken type.

8:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I have to say this at least for your new young republican: At least he didn't sing hymns to George Bush, Jr. You know?

8:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home