Saturday, July 09, 2005

The Week In Review

It's been a horrible week, so I've misplaced my sense of humor.

As a result, this may become one of those blogs where one dryly discusses things like television shows and designer shoes, only I don't own a television and know nothing whatsoever about designer shoes.

The Week In Review

1. The Fourth of July weekend was the worst holiday I have ever had. I worked almost the entire time just to get out of my house.

2. I am no longer on speaking terms with someone who I thought was a friend but went out of his way to prove the opposite. I don't worry too much about accidentally running into him, however. I figure I can always back up my car and run into him again.

3. work, work, work, work, work, work.

On a lighter note, I just purchased some wonderfully twisted art by the lead singer of Devo, Mark Mothersbaugh. The piece I bought is called Kindergarten Fuhrer and is shown here, along with some other interesting things. The artist describes this show as being composed of ' "Corrected" photos pulled from man's past, then mutated into sickeningly beautiful beings. A study of humans via symmetry using vintage photos circa 1800's & 1900's.'

The show was organized by Experimental Skeleton and was in a very cool new space at Tampa Union Station. I wore my slinkiest flapper outfit, chatted with art and geek friends, drank rather too much, then hung out 'till the wee hours discussing completely nonsensical things.

Today the weather is horrid. We are catching the edge of Hurricane Dennis.

However, my life is a rose garden compared to what people must be experiencing in London this week. What a horrible thing to happen.

17 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're funny even when you're miserable. I guess you can't help it! Hope things start looking up.

12:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back, L baby. How's this week looking for getting lost in books? Maybe Tuesday or Wednesday? That always helps me when I've had a bad week ...

Other than that, I'm sorry you've had such a terrible week. Call me after the hurricane stops blowing! I'm driving over the bridge to Tampa today.

12:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ganbare, L-chan!

12:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry to hear ur week was crap! hope the coming one is brilliant!!!

12:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope I was not #2. If so sorry. I will avoid walking in front of all parked cars. Tell your friend again I'm sorry.

12:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sucks about the fiend—er, I mean "friend." Former, that is. I've been there, done that.

But, hey, there are other fish in the sea, and if you get out there early enough, you can catch, gut, and eat your limit before all the other jerks get on the water. Right? All you need is a pointy hook, a sharp knife, and a shiny fork.

12:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry you caught the edge of Dennis. I tried to catch him once, but the sun was in my eyes
Don't work too hard!

12:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry things are crappy. The good news about that is generally things go up from there.

12:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I once had a situation like that with a "friend". Months later they dropped by unannounced and said "Did you miss me?" to which I replied "Yes, but you ran away before I could reload" and closed the door in their face. It took all my willpower not to peek out the window and look at the expression on their face.

People can be crap, but revenge can be entertaining

12:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chuckling over rainypete's comment.

Sorry your week was shit. As Carol said, it can only go up from there.
Hope you're experiencing a little 'up' by now.

If this helps any, I don't know the first thing about designer shoes either. There. It always helps not to feel alone.

12:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

1. That sucks.
2. That really, really sucks.
3. That really, sucks.
London - Horrid.

Hopefully things pick up for you. I didn't realize I hadn't gotten a chance to see you site in quite some time!

12:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i hope things have gotten better for you...

12:10 PM  
Blogger L said...

boy, I've really been bad about posting-- I've been swamped!

thank you for all the nice comments-- they really cheered me up!

my week is looking up, especially since I am in Colorado!

12:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes. Life has been pretty crappy for me, too (my mom passed away recently). I envy you your televisionlessness.

12:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes. Life has been pretty crappy for me, too (my mom passed away recently). I envy you your televisionlessness.

12:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sorry your week was so crappy. As for discussing designer shoes on television, its been done... I know a new low for mankind. Hope things are looking up!

12:11 PM  
Blogger L said...

comfort addict: I'm sorry for your loss-- it seems like a pretty crappy summer for everyone

mark: they're looking up now

12:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home