Monday, June 27, 2005

And Good Times Were Had By All

Well, the party is over. I've checked all the closets, the cupboards and under the bed: the guests have all gone home.

All that's left is a rather seedy assortment of bottles (both empty and full), my rather seedy neighbor next door, and my rather seedy self. Empty beer cases litter the kitchen, which is overflowing with unwashed wine glasses, unwashed trays, unwashed bowls, and unwashed utensils.

I may have to move again.

Of course, that would mean another party, more bottles, more unwashed glasses, trays, bowls and utensils-- which is rather a bother. I suppose I shall have to stay put for now, but I could really use a good housewife, someone to wear poufy Donna Reed dresses, wipe my fevered brow, and clean house while I sleep.

The party was chock full of artistic and nerdy goodness. I had never thought to combine these two groups of friends together before, but my secret fears of an explosive matter/anti-matter reaction never materialized.

As it was a Sunday evening, the sensible people left between 10:00 and 11:00 pm. However, as we all know, I am not qualified to act as a sensible person.

Instead, I imbibed more than humanly necessary and went out with a couple of highly irresponsible persons to some place I forget in downtown, where I listened to wild gypsy music and danced a faux tango with a lanky bartender from Serbia. There may possibly have been a conga line involved; however, I am pleading my Fifth Amendment rights against self-incrimination.

Bedtime was 4:30 a.m. after catching a ride with a highly suspicious Polish cabdriver.

And we all lived Happily Ever After, although some of us may have hangovers and mysterious bruises.

The End.

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome.
Serbians rock.

9:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

At the risk of looking really stupid, I'm going to type my comment a second time, as the first one seems to have disappeared:

Whoa. A new home and a new lifestyle. Rock on. You can sleep when you're dead.

9:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You certainly did not get those partying genes from your mother! I never would have ever, ever done such a thing! It's your father's fault.

9:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

P.S. Have a Mimosa and you will feel much better.

9:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate those stupid mysterious bruises. On the other hand, the bruises that you remember are usually the ones that really hurt.

9:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm.
I swear that I only hit enter once. Thats just weird.

9:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nomadic partying can be great fun so long as you don't end up in an adjoining city with no recollection of your means of travel.

That was a srtange morning for me.

9:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love a story with a happy ending.

9:40 PM  
Blogger L said...

dune-yah: sometimes they rock; other times they just fake a really bad tango

Larry Jones: I really think it's the stress of all that moving that's doing it, really

Rhodent: har har har

jpr: I've heard that you know a thing or two about mysterious bruises

rainypete: do tell

Ms. Vile: my stories almost always have a happy ending

9:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

At the risk of sounding even more stupid than the other concerned commentors I am going to hit the comment button 14 times by accident and see what happens.
And settle down young lady..

9:41 PM  
Blogger L said...

'm trying, I'm trying :)

9:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"and a good time was had by all..."

This is the stuff dreams are made of. (unless they turn out to be nightmares... then we'd have to blame something else)

Glad you had yourself a dandy time!

9:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mysterious bruises rock!

9:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Artists & Nerds Party - ha ha! You should trademark that, like a Tupperware Party.

9:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, couldn't we all use a Donna Reed to do all those aforementioned things? Why, she wouldn't even need the dress really; I'd still be fine with it.
And I still think a nerd/artist gathering seems quite extraordinary, kind of like a "water and fat combined to help form chocolate" type of thing. Wonders!

9:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home