Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Ask Me About A Fabulous Career In Bitching

Mood: slightly peevish
Forecast: perspiration and aggravation
Outlook: languishing

I have been neglecting my blog lately due to work projects and activities related to moving; it has been quite an aggravating week, which has sadly diminished my usual ladylike charm.

I am still packing books and art.

I have a mountain of laundry and cleaning to do.

I am working quite a bit.

I am cranky from not getting enough sleep.

I am craving fresh apricot cobbler, which I am unable to make because I cannot find apricots anywhere!

I have still not won the Florida Lottery, which has caused me to sink ever downwards into a spiraling vortex of despair.

However, I have managed to participate in a few interesting and sordid activities this week: imbibing toxic substances 'til the wee hours, Flirting and et cetera in quite an abandoned manner-- and listening to a very cool jazz jam session at the Blue Martini in St. Petersburg. The various musicians rotated in and out of play; most were very good and only a couple had musical disagreements. They will be moving this to Monday nights at the Ringside Cafe, so if you live in the area you should definitely check it out.

Back to packing....

16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm pretty certain you aren't a lesbian, but you sure do use some very Hot photos of nostalgic ladies in elegant swimsuits and other tight outfits! I'm not a lesbian, either, but Woo Woo Woo!

10:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You use Haloscan--does yours still show the commenter's email address or (like mine) does that now not display on the Comments screen?

10:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Soon you'll be in your fabulous new place relaxing and eating apricots to your hearts content.
Take care.

10:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree. You should invest an some kinf od apricot of the month club so you'll always have a steady supply.

Unlike Ron, I'm a lesbian. I'm nuts for the ladies.

10:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where I come from, a cobbler mends shoes.

Anyway, best of luck with the lottery! :p

10:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man what a slacker. I can't believe you still haven't won the lottery. Hurry up and win so that you can fund the crazy business ventures of your siblings.

10:03 PM  
Blogger L said...

Ron: heh heh-- everyone else says that I write like a very swishy man.

*and my haloscan comments are not showing emails anymore either... odd

Happy&Blue: thank you, my good man. I am halfway moved in (books, art, misc.), but the furniture is being moved tomorrow...

rainypete: you know, I sort of knew you were a lesbian when I saw your site... you can't fool me :)

spirit of owl of the spiffy elf shorts: thank you.

jpr: yes, I am Terribly Lazy, but interested in various wild schemes and sordid activities.

10:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I've been working on a hot project, too. Doesn't it suck when work gets in the way of blogging?

A good jam session is hard to find. Feel fortunate and support it.

10:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh, I'm all about imbibing toxic substances, while listening to very cool jazz jam sessions at a location other than my abode.

The comma in that sentence makes all the difference.

After July 1, I'd be happy to imbibe and listen with you.

10:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What would be even better is if I told you the above comment is from me. Otherwise some Anonymous person wants to hang out with you July 1.

10:04 PM  
Blogger L said...

comfort addict: yes it does :)

kosh: yeah, I was wondering about that... sounds like a plan! I may also be having a teensy little party to show everyone how adorable my new place is.

10:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Apricot cobbler. Mmmmm. Now I feel like a drooling Homer. Seriously, I love cobbler of all flavors: cherry, blueberry, and a mixture of the two that we called cherryberry. The latter got me through a canoe trip waaaaay up north when I was a kid. Good times...

10:06 PM  
Blogger L said...

yeah, you can't go wrong with cobbler :)

10:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Was this jam session an open mike sort of thing? That sounds like it'd be interesting as long as real goofs didn't climb up on stage.
I don't quite get the impact of that comma in anonymous' sentence. Am I ign'ant?

10:06 PM  
Blogger L said...

glomgold: yeah, it was open mike, and no, you ain't ign'ant

10:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well. Phew!

10:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home