Sunday, June 12, 2005

Stuff


From this weekend:

Sounds:

Some friends and I went to see The Delusionaires this weekend at the Emerald in St. Petersburg. They're an odd fez-wearing retro swing-ish sort of band, and I thought they were cool. There was a manic sort of sax player and a bit of screaming involved... good entertainment for a Saturday night.

However, I completely missed seeing Madame Butterfly this afternoon because the Palladium theatre sold out! Which, like, never happens! All the retirees arrived before I did... boo-hoo

Eats:
The Garden in St. Petersburg-- yummy late night eats with a jazz band outside. I had some deliciously melting lamb with crisp asparagus and a light white wine that did not taste like vinegar this time. However, the advertised strawberries and "chantilly cream" were not available. I languished in despair for the remainder of the evening.

Cafe Tsunami in St. Petersburg-- They serve some very good Asian fusion fare, as well as sushi. My friends and I sampled several of their appetizers (including some yummy Filipino lumpia). Not bad at all...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, to be young and about town. Thanks for letting me re-live my youth, if only by proxy.

10:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The band sounds fun. I could take the swing (love swing music) the jazz, especially the blues, but if screaming is involved, there had better be a monkey.

10:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can you swing by Tarpon Springs and take some sponge diver photos? Thanks!

10:22 PM  
Blogger L said...

comfort addict: you're welcome

mark: it was really only a little light screaming -- they were actually quite fun!

moos: heh heh. next time I'm in that general direction I just might, especially if they're hot.

10:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home