Monday, April 03, 2006

Should I Incorporate?

To-day I am languishing in utter exhaustion, despair, morbid vexation and woe. While some might think its due to my lack of a pony, it is instead a rather sad commentary on the fact that perhaps a "job" is not the career for me.



No, this "job" thing is not all wine and roses. For one thing, I have to use an alarm clock and wake up before 10:30 on a weekday! Not only that, but I am required to do the following:
1. Attend meetings
2. Be polite all day
3. Refrain from running over people in the parking lot, no matter how annoying they are
4. Wear shoes
5. Not run through the hallways or throw paper airplanes or otherwise make a nuisance of myself

It's all rather a bother, but so far I haven't found anyone who's willing to pay me to sleep in, watch kung fu movies, eat berries, drink champagne and go to the zoo.

So perhaps I should incorporate. After all, corporations have practically all the rights and privileges that a person has -- but often without all those bothersome responsibilities like paying taxes, eating vegetables or waking up early. And there really isn't enough creative accounting, political favoritism, or global power in my life either.

All the lame randomness of this post leads to one fact: I worked until 8:45 today and I am terribly cranky and brain-fried.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is a simple solution to the problem of work.

Find a rich husband.

You desire a lifestyle currently being lived by millions of American women who are on average less attractive, less intelligent, and worse in the kitchen than you. Plus, you write a mean blog.

Work is overrated as a source of fulfillment.

7:49 PM  
Blogger L said...

My Dear Professor: ooh! reverse psychology! You tricky thing

It would be a simple solution, except that I've seen time and time again where that just leads to heartache (and sometimes eventual poverty) for women. Financial independence is wonderful, and I have a terrible habit of quietly going Mad if I am not exercising my brain constantly.... As much as I love to vent about work, I have also enjoyed the problem-solving it entails

But I shall have to Strongly Consider what should do-- maybe get another degree because I heart school. I did have a previous job where I really looked forward to being at work every day, because it was actually fun and I learned cool stuff....

8:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Darling Lainey, of course I know that you could not be happy sitting around a big house all day, eating bonbons, attending Republican fundraisers, and going to dinner at the Country Club. Even Hard Work is better than that.

But the New Degree idea is a fabulous one. You would be the Darling of the Campus.

It would be utterly Fabulous to treat you to lunch at the Faculty Club.

10:30 PM  
Blogger Weary Hag said...

Hm. You really don't do brain-fried very well. Isn't that supposed to mean that you can't put forth anything remotely productive or even come up with a pithy comment?

I like your theory on the whole job thing.

9:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home