Tuesday, March 14, 2006

the Joy of Housework!

I finally broke down and puttered around cleaning things today. Now I feel almost as fulfilled as the women in the television commercials, although my teeth aren't quite as big and shiny.

First, I cleaned my dishes with Joy detergent. Then, I bagged my trash with Glad bags. Later, I might decide to get another lobotomy with all those carefree hours I saved by using my modern cleansers and household appliances.



I'm really just kidding. I loathe housework more than you could ever possibly imagine. In fact, it isn't possible to imagine the depths of my loathing.

Speaking of things that don't seem to be possible, how can I find a pair of vintage Mork and Mindy rainbow suspenders? I was a major fan as a kid, and my brother and I each had our very own pair. I can't seem to find any on ebay, and I want them. Shazbot!

In other useless news, today is National Pi Day (heh heh) as well as the birthday of Albert Einstein, whom we all know was a really terrific violinist.

random links:
this is cool
fork art
3D sidewalk art
funny

Yes, I know this is the lamest post in the history of blogging.... so sue me oh well, better luck next time!

Nanoo-nanoo!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Any blog is a great blog from Lainey. I hope that you have big plans for St. Patrick's Day.

12:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. Mork and Mindy was my childhood. I don't mean that I was a bizarre alien who sat on his head, though some people did wonder.

There should be a book called "The Joy of Housework". It would be just like The Joy of Sex, complete with the same kind of drawings but of women (and men!) doing the ironing and stuff. No one would buy it. I just like the idea :)

See? Not a lame blogpost at all.

3:04 AM  
Blogger unreuly said...

housework is the invention of satan himself.

7:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are mistaken, I am the king of lame blogs! hehe...

As a single guy, either I do the housework, cooking and all that jazz or it won't be done. I'd rather be sitting at my computer than doing that dang housework... :)

9:46 AM  
Blogger L said...

My Dear Professor: thank you... and I am working on St. Patty's Day plans soon....

greywulf: heh heh. Yeah, I was totally addicted to M&M.... and you're right-- I probably would rather buy the Joy of Sex over the Joy of Housework :)

atractiva: yes, maybe it's in the 4th circle of hell-- isn't that what Dante said?

John: I'm still waiting for a robotic maid and self-cleaning kitchen-- it's what they promised us all back in the 1950s....

homo insapiens: thank you :) and your suggestion on housework solutions sounds quite efficient!

12:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home