Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Off Like a Prom Dress!

Well, this has been a frantic week, as I've been preparing for my terribly glamorous trip to New York and trying very, very, very hard not to misbehave too badly.

However, I may have loitered irresponsibly a bit and possibly eaten things that were not quite good for me. So that's why I haven't blogged.


I just walked out of the most delicious hair salon called the Bee-hive in St. Petersburg, and they've just given me a wonderfully sassy new flapper bob for my trip (all I can find to pack are 1920s outfits). It's so cute I have to keep pinching my cheeks! I highly recommend the Bee-hive, as they're full of wonderfully chatty and catty young men with clever hair. I expect to be bald in a couple of months, as I obviously have to get my hair cut every week now, just for the conversation.

Suitcase packing has not been done, however. Procrastination is quite fashionable these days.

I'm still trying to decide what sort of token thingy I should buy for myself when get there-- perhaps a loud hat. However, a charming friend requested that I bring the following souvenir home for him if the opportunity arises:
"A 6'5" Adonis with dark hair, blue eyes, sparkling teeth, 2 Phds and a good amount of meat on his bones. Oh, and he has to be mute."

I shall do my best and, of course, take plenty of pictures...

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a lovely trip. 1920s outfits are "in" for the Big Apple this time of year, you will fit right in.

While your schedule may already be full, I encourage you to be sure to stop by the most interesting museum at 233 5th Avenue. I have posted some information about this museum at the AW Group and it is full of interesting old things. You may particularly enjoy the "Men without suits" exhibit. Those of us left behind can enjoy other exhibits from this museum online.

9:37 PM  
Blogger L said...

Professor: thank you very much, I certainly had a wonderful time. I will definitely check out the link at the Art Whores page!

Ms. Vile: I didn't bring back any Adonises this time, I'm afraid... but we all had a wonderful time

Frustrated writer: unfortunately, only a few of my photos turned out, but I will post them this evening

9:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a great trip! Can't wait to see some fabulous pics.

10:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I second that.

10:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you have lots of fun in New York. I would suggest that you go to see the Statue of Liberty and wave at some immigrants that are always coming into the harbor with their ponies..
Also check out a stage show. They must have something like that in a city that big. Heck, they may even have a museum. Or a library or book store.
And bring some extra money for those lovable muggers.
Oh, and if the Pope is in town doing Popey stuff say hi to him for me..

10:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

About too many haircuts...have you forgotten 8th grade?

10:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think anyone in NY is mute. There are a lot of Jabberjaws though.

10:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful time, dearie!

10:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Clever title for this post! Hope your vacation was everything you hoped it to be.

10:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just discovered your fablog--er faboo blog--via Mariana in Portugal. Austin to Lisbon to Florida--my head, she spins!

10:24 PM  
Blogger L said...

Brenda & Lisa: unfortunately, only a few turned out... posting them tonight

Happy&Blue: I looked for the Pope, but he was nowhere to be found

jpr: no. I can never forget that I looked like an eight year old boy in eighth grade

glomgold: yeah, I think I was one of them

April: I did! Hope you had a good week too

SilverMoon: it was, except that I didn't get to french kiss Johnny Depp

taarzaan: thank you :) it's a small world, isn't it?

10:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ROFL- my younger teen daughter's friends are so into Johnny.

10:25 PM  
Blogger L said...

SilverMoon/Green-Eyed Lady: so am I occasionally :)

10:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home