Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Keeping All You Worker Bees In My Thoughts....

I had the day off today -- ha ha ha ha ha ha!


Things I did not do:
1. Clean my apartment
2. Clean my car
3. Balance my checkbook
4. Pick up my new art
5. Win the Lottery
6. Run for President
7. Fly to Switzerland
8. Get a tan
9. Get a grip
10. Get a life

Things I did do, as they were rather less tiring:
1. Slept in
2. Refused to shower and dress until noon
3. Visited the yummy Italian market nearby and bought fresh bread, cheese, smoked salmon, grapes and gelato. Ogled a handsome man at the coffee bar but did not smile, ask for the time or comment on the lovely food because We Have Permanently Given Up Men.
4. Slept some more
5. Started re-reading The Joke by Kundera. Decided it wasn't funny enough, so started re-reading a Wodehouse novel instead.

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Wodehouse! Which one are you reading?

9:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great day to me! Was the man old enough for me to ogle?

9:00 PM  
Blogger L said...

ms. vile: Right Ho, Jeeves -- which is my favorite Wodehouse (I've read it at least 15 times)

rhodent: he was young enough for you to ogle

9:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ogle away my dear. Think of it as cardio for they eyeballs.

9:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't ogled in ages. No wonder my eyes are failing me. Time for some eyerobics (as rainypete mentioned).

9:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm happy for you having a day off. I guess.
Too bad about the giving up men thing. Are you just going out with prepubesent boys then..

9:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lucky you with the day off!

9:02 PM  
Blogger L said...

rainypete: I just can't help myself

weary hag: it's always good to practice

Happy&Blue: no, I'm going cold turkey on all age groups

that girl: yeah, it was the first one in ages! I should have taken another!

9:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I envy you your vacation. I've been working like a dog (you know you've been working too hard when even your boss says that you should take a day off).

I'm sorry to hear that you've given up on men and hope that, one day, some nice guy will catch you by surprise.

9:02 PM  
Blogger L said...

comfort addict: I wouldn't count on it. It's always the Evil ones who are catching me by surprise :o

9:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! I've given up on women. Sort of...

Did you know Tetsuo Ironman just came out on special edition dvd?

9:02 PM  
Blogger L said...

Mr. Anigans: I haven't seen that in a couple of years! The last time I tried to rent it from Netflix to show a friend , they no longer had it.

I heard the sequel wasn't as good....

9:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home