Monday, February 14, 2005

A Valentine, Nooky Music

Actually received a rather suspicious valentine today-- from my weird Ex-Boyfriend the Weasel Owner. Haven't seen him in almost two years, but I've heard through the grapevine that his biological clock is ticking.

I shouldn't have been so bitter in my last post; being single is Quite Nice.

1. I can play James Brown or Billie Holiday over and over again as much as I want.
2. I can eat ice cream and strawberries for dinner. Or breakfast. Or lunch.
3. If the phone rings, I always know it's for me.
4. I can leave the dishes until the morning.
5. I plan my own day. Or not.

I will Play Nice and post what I think is really the best **nooky music (although others may disagree)
1. "I Want A Little Sugar In My Bowl" by Nina Simone
2. "These Arms Of Mine" by Otis Redding
3. "Let's Get It On" by Marvin Gaye
4. "Try Me" by James Brown.
5. "The Very Thought Of You" by Billie Holiday

** Is it supposed to be "nooky" or "nookie"? Inquiring minds would like to know...

10 Comments:

Blogger MooCow said...

I prefer nookie but that's just because it gives you the eye rhyme with cookie.

10:33 PM  
Blogger Rhodent said...

It is "nookie" I am sure. I can at least spell it.
Lookie--nookie also rhymes with
bookie
gooky
rookie
Wookie (how could you forget)

Maybe you could do a limerick.

Suspicious valentines cards are to be avoided at all costs. Not only was he an owner of a weasle, he WAS a weasle. But, at least you got a valentine.

11:00 PM  
Blogger Frally said...

I'm going with nookie based on the fact that Limp Bizkit rhyme it with cookie in that song.

And thanks for making me feel bad about being hitched on Valentines Day.

5:48 AM  
Blogger LK said...

I vote for 'nookie' too.

And I can recommend Pink Floyd's 'Wish you were here' album also.

ps. You have good taste in music L.

5:20 PM  
Blogger Larry Jones said...

I'm going with "nooky" on this. I'm a spelling prodigy, and "nooky" just looks right to me, so everyone should defer.

5:39 PM  
Blogger Frally said...

Actually, can i change my vote? I now agree with Larry. Reading my previous answer, it seems a bit ridiculous to take spelling tips from people who spell biscuit B-I-Z-K-I-T.

6:00 PM  
Blogger Ron Southern said...

I wouldn't have expected the spread to be so great, neither do I care much, but here's this for usage on various sites:

according to Google

nooky 23,000
nookie 196,000

some sites were weenies and recognized both spellings

6:11 PM  
Blogger The Doctor said...

What? How can you list Nookie songs without one by South Park's own Chef? Can that man set the mood, or what?

11:40 PM  
Blogger L said...

hmmm.... the general consensus seems to be "nookie", but I am WAY too tired to change my previous post :(

jim blis: thanks! Adore is not bad either....

yes, he was weasel!

frally: sorry. you know I luv you

llcoffee: thanks!

wow Ron-- thanks for the stats. I shall now spell nooky as "nookie" going forward.

12:08 AM  
Blogger Gel said...

I've seen it spelled either way, but I love the reason "Moocow" gave. Eye do think that whomever you Nookie/Nooky with doesn't care how it's spelled. ;)

11:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home