Monday, January 17, 2005

Flicks

After slicing open my big toe and gushing blood like a stuck pig, I decided to wear highly uncomfortable shoes and pop on over to BayWalk in St. Petersburg; they were showing The House of Flying Daggers, which was very fun and starred the incredibly foxy Ziyi Zhang.

"BayWalk" is one of those outdoor mall architectural clones that appear to be constructed with chewing gum, spackle and particle board in a vaguely mediterranean style conceived by someone who has never, in fact, been to the Mediterranean. This weekend, I was amused to see no less than THREE news channel vans there-- each crammed with journalists foaming at the mouth over the possibility of yet another BayWalk fight, or better yet-- a RIOT! Angsty middle-class teens are always milling around there, but I really don't know what they have to riot over-- the latest Abercrombie & Fitch sale? Running out of Clearasil?

I also ate yummy tapas and ogled waiters with Debbie before going to see Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events, which really should be the title of my blog; because my life is quite frequently a series of Unfortunate Events, Somewhat Annoying Events, Terribly Stupid Events That Drive Me Crazy, or just Random And Upsetting Events.

At least I get tomorrow off; I plan on watching movies until my brains ooze out my ears.

2 Comments:

Blogger Larry Jones said...

>...and gushing blood like a stuck pig...<

Keeping the porcine theme going, I see.

6:01 PM  
Blogger L said...

well, for a while I was trying to see how many times I could mention the word "fart", but that grew a bit tiresome...

10:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home