Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Resolutions:

Happy Belated New Year!



As is only right and proper, I have dutifully compiled a brief list of my New Year's Resolutions:

1. Buy a house
2. Finish writing my dreadful novel
3. Go to the gym or play Ultimate Frisbee at least every other day
4. Write a new blog post every day
5. Eat a healthier diet full of things like wheat and spinach and brown rice
6. Finally read Proust's Remembrance of Things Past
7. Try yoga
8. Throw myself back out into the dating scene and flirt with only NICE young men
9. Be kind to animals
10. Go to grad school to study chemistry so I can become an expert in rocket propellants and accidentally blow up enormous buildings and cars like Heather does.


HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!

Just kidding! Here are the real resolutions:

1. Procrastinate on buying a house for a while, then finally do it while completely freaking out over the amount of money I'm spending, then discover something horribly wrong with the roof or something like that.
2. Finish writing my dreadful novel, self-publish it on Lulu, and give it to people when they annoy me
3. Play Ultimate Frisbee twice a week and drink beer afterwards. Think very very hard about going to the gym every once in a while then let my membership lapse.
4. Write a new blog post every day when I'm ill or bored. Neglect the blog when there are fun parties.
5. Eat a healthier diet full of things like cheese and chocolates and berries
6. Pull Remembrance of Things Past from the bookshelf, stare at it a bit, reshelve it and read Wisconsin Death Trip or Freakshow instead.
7. Try yoghurt
8. Throw myself back into the dating scene but continue to flirt with inappropriate men, because that's more fun and who am I kidding anyway?
9. Be kind to the animals that I don't actually wind up eating.
10. Wistfully think of going to grad school to blow up buildings but suddenly realize that I am Lazy and not really all that fond of chemistry anyway.

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And also do more collages. Perhaps by giving up dating or ultimate frisbee..

8:13 AM  
Blogger fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

Yeah, do Lulu...I did and it turned out quite well (the experience anyway).

Had missed you.

8:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the list! What is Lulu?

11:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year to you too! Gosh, you weren't on my bloglines list and I've neglected to visit. That is going to be fixed!

I have not looked into Lulu but I've heard about it. I started my own company instead which costs more up front but the profit is greater. Of course now I have to store 2,000 books. That may require an addition to the abode.

9:48 PM  
Blogger L said...

happy and blue: I will try to make more collages next week-- I promise :)

mushy: really? it does sound pretty cool -- I will have to try it

frustrated writer: go to lulu.com - it's a site where you can self publish your work

Wendy: 2,000 books is a lot! I will have to do Lulu, as there is no way I could ever find 2,000 people who would be even remotely interested in my ghastly novel

12:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, they make wheat berries and brown rice cheese. Sorry, I know I'm not helping.

I actually have meant to read ROTP (even by its now politically correct title of The Search for Lost Time). However, considering that it has taken me nearly a year to read Bleak House, I'll have to do a lot of calisthenics first.

Seriously, L, good luck in the dating scene. You deserve a great guy.

11:24 PM  
Blogger L said...

comfort addict: ha ha on the food! I keep meaning to read Proust, but never seem to get around to it, I'm afraid. Bleak House was rather good I thought, but it did have its slow moments. I loved Dickens' satirical take on the practice of law. Thanks for the good wishes :) I've been taking a rather lengthy break from dating, so we shall see how it goes...

11:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home