Sunday, November 05, 2006

Off to a late start, but...

I've changed my mind and decided to participate in NaNoWriMo after all.



And I'm certainly not going to let the lack of little things like experience and high quality writing stand in my way!

So far, we're five days into the contest and I haven't written a thing-- but I have high hopes for this afternoon. I'm supposed to have a minimum of 50,000 words by midnight on November 3oth.

I have almost everything an aspiring young writer needs:
1. a computer
2. loads of caffeine
3. a dictionary/thesaurus
4. fresh berries, chocolate, and cheese
5. fuzzy socks to wear

The only things lacking are:
1. a cat or two
2. a charming and handsome proofreader
3. millions and millions of dollars
4. a great whacking big yacht
5. a case of champagne

I am tracking my progress here, a temporary blog I've set up for the month

I will still do regular posts here in November, just not as frequently.

Wish me luck!

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck! I have a feeling you're going to write an awesome novel! Things you need to include: monsters, bears, racy scenes, and a duckbill platypus who is the evil supervillain in charge of all the evilness taking place.

1:06 PM  
Blogger fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

Best of luck...it's a great exercise that I've done before.

Of course it took me about 6 months to complete mine.

8:36 PM  
Blogger Krishen said...

Wow!! Best of luck, that's an enormous undertaking. I'm sure you will write something excellent.

11:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Luck! Sounds something like And Then There Were None, the Agatha Christie story. I had the movie of it at home this weekend, coincidentally.

8:57 AM  
Blogger aprilbapryll said...

Good luck! I don't have time for book-hunting this week, but maybe next week? Give me a call or email!

1:38 PM  
Blogger King Pao Fu said...

gubernatorial!...now drink!

8:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LUCK! I've just come back online with blogging and such and I've already injured my delicate shoulder with a repetetive use injury. Nothing that a ripe red won't cure. So I say, good for you and all that.

8:23 PM  
Blogger L said...

Sebastien: thank you -- and believe me, the only awe it will inspire is awe at how awful it is -- but it IS fun to write

Happy and Blue: I made the title long to add those extra words in :)

Mushy: heh heh. Hopefully it won't take me that long for mine

Krishen: ha ha! think again

Lisa: actually, I was originally intending it to be a serious murder mystery, but somehow it has turned into a parody of Agatha Christie -- so you are not far off the mark

Frog Princess: okay -- sounds good :)

King Pao Fu: ha ha ha! I bet you got shnockered! Sorry I missed the election night party....

Wendy: hee hee! thank you :)

2:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home