Sunday, December 10, 2006

No Longer A.W.O.L.

Yes, yes, yes -- the blogging has been nonexistent lately, due to the terribly sad fact that I've had to be charming and fabulous at so many events lately. Today a couple of us managed to relax and head over to the Oldsmar Flea Market, where I picked up an amusing pinup magazine from 1955 -- it seems to contain everyone from Lili St. Cyr, Rita Hayworth and Mamie van Doren to Ava Gardner, Elizabeth Taylor and Cyd Charisse... and everyone in between.


Also picked up a 1957 issue of Satan magazine, which contains Bettie Page on the cover as well as in the main centerfold. I might trade it for some playing cards or something else... not sure yet.


In addition I discovered a "Pin-Ups by Bernard of Hollywood" magazine (from 1950), which is full of old black-and-white pinups of "undiscovered" models. Is it just me, or is the unnamed model below a very young Marilyn Monroe?


I will attempt an actual blog post tomorrow....

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

While you were away I was busy watching the Victoria Secret show on tv. So all these old models/ actresses are just too fat for my current tastes. Any girl who is shorter than 6"8" and who weighs more than 67
lbs is just a hog now..

I think the last picture is Julia Child before she was hit by the bulldozer..

ps I missed you.

9:59 PM  
Blogger fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

I could have loved her, but I was just a kid!

9:38 AM  
Blogger L said...

Happy and Blue: I'm glad you're being sarcastic -- can you believe that I actually saw a men's magazine article (Maxim? Details? can't remember) that showed a pig in high heels and then proceeded to compare a list of actresses (the article called them "fat" and "plate-scrapers"): Monica Bellucci, Catharine Zeta Jones, Sophia Loren, etc.! Amazing....
I missed you too :)

Mushy: too bad for you :)

8:43 PM  
Blogger glomgold said...

I will be awaiting your delivery of the aforementioned magazines.

9:51 AM  
Blogger L said...

glomgold: ha ha ha!

10:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home