Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Another Meme! Because, Really, We Cannot Get Enough of Those! EVER.

Another meme from Jim Bliss, that mysterious young man from London-soon-to-be-Dublin. You can read his political musings and doomsday prophecies here.

Seven Things To Do Before I Die

  1. Travel to Italy, which I keep forgetting to do
  2. Write a novel that isn't too awful. Hopefully.
  3. Learn how to make a better gravy.
  4. Read Remembrance of Things Past. Or at least think rather strongly about reading it.
  5. Actually learn how to play chess in a non-laughable manner.
  6. Learn to paint well. Or at least well-ish
  7. Develop my full superhero powers.

Seven Things I Cannot Do

  1. Whistle
  2. Wear white shoes with a non-white outfit
  3. Eat lima beans. Or "beanie-weenies". Ugh
  4. Play the viola
  5. Vote for a Conservative Republican
  6. Resist fresh strawberries
  7. Grow a mustache

Seven Things That Attract Me to... (a man)

  1. A fat brain, if possible... not to be confused with a fat head
  2. A nice smile
  3. An ability to keep somewhat fit
  4. An interest in good books. Or at least good-ish books
  5. The ability to not be a needy control freak
  6. A sense of humor
  7. Charm

Seven Things I Say

  1. I'll have the berries, please
  2. Oh no! Not again....
  3. Okay, maybe I don't miss being a DBA
  4. Do you want to go to Haslam's? (bookstore)
  5. You should really read this
  6. I've got a great kung fu movie for you to try...
  7. They are making absolutely no sense whatsoever

Seven Good Books

  1. Tropic of Cancer -- Henry Miller
  2. Labyrinths -- Luis Borges
  3. Confederacy of Dunces -- John Kennedy Toole
  4. Crime and Punishment -- Dostoyevsky
  5. Just So Stories -- Kipling
  6. Catch 22 -- Joseph Heller
  7. Out of Africa -- Isak Dinesan

Seven Good Movies

  1. The Godfather
  2. Cinema Paradiso
  3. The Circus
  4. Brazil
  5. Apocalypse Now
  6. Dr. Strangelove
  7. Chinatown
Feel free to tag youself

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I tried to tag myself once. My mom forgot to knock, however, and just barged in. Rather embarassing, actually.

9:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am pretty sure you will be able to grow a moustache at some point in your life.
Those are all good books. Except for the seven of them I haven't read.
And I share your taste in movies. Except for four of them I have never even heard of.
I play tag with myself often. Of course I'm always it and I can never escape myself. Same problem with hide and seek..

9:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've also been known to say "I'll have the berries, please". However, more often I'm heard saying "Gimmie some of those berries!!!". That's just the sort of lady I am :)

9:23 PM  
Blogger L said...

Brett: oops. heh heh

Happy&Blue: I am WAY too cute to grow a mustache!

Lisa: I knew we had a lot in common!

9:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've still not read Tropic of Cancer, and keep meaning to get round to it. Orwell is always going on about it in his essays. In fact he opens his review of the novel with the lines...

Modern man is rather like a bisected wasp which goes on sucking jam and pretends that the loss of its abdomen does not matter. It is some perception of this fact which brings books like 'Tropic of Cancer' (for there will probably be more and more of them as time goes on) into being.

The book that inspired that image has to be worth reading.

Can't say I argue with any of those movies or books actually. I've not read Out of Africa, but its reputation precedes it somewhat. Also, I'd put The Gold Rush ahead of The Circus. But both are definitely worth recommending.

Oh, and regarding 'Fresh Strawberries'. Add some strawberries to a salad containing chopped peppers to create the best sweet/savoury experience available.

9:24 PM  
Blogger L said...

Jim Bliss: I love that wasp metaphor... and will try that recipe suggestion

9:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home