Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!!!

In honor of the holiday, I was going to post on all that is good and beautiful about love and flowers and puppies and sunshine and rainbows and peanut butter cups.... but most especially romance.



Here goes.








There was a young fellow named Skinner
Who took a young lady to dinner;
At half past nine
They sat down to dine,
And by quarter to ten it was in her.


There was a young lady of Norway
Who hung by her toes in a doorway.
She said to her beau:
"Just look at me Joe,
I think I've discovered one more way."


There was a young plumber of Leigh
Was plumbing a maid by the sea.
Said the maid, "Cease your plumbing,
I think someone's coming."
Said the plumber, still plumbing, "It's me."


A very smart lady named Cookie
Said "I like to mix gambling with nookie.
Before every race
I go home to my place
And curl up with a very good bookie."


There was a young lass from Dumfries
Who said to her lad, "If you please,
It would give me great bliss
If, while playing with this,
You would pay some attention to these."


Have you heard of the Widow O'Reilly,
Who esteemed her late husband so highly
That in spite of the scandal
Her umbrella handle
Was made of his membrum virile?

*all poetry attributed to Anonymous

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for yet another valuable public service. I have sent a couple of these to my lady love...

12:38 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, L. You're such a (sniffle, sniffle) romantic.

9:22 PM  
Blogger nanuk said...

Judging by the teeth, the dude pictured must be a Brit.

1:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

my goodness I'd no supposition,
that with rhyme you'd assume the position.
its easy to see
that your prose just may be
the draw for your boyfriends ambition

4:34 PM  
Blogger LK said...

An apt homage to Valentines if ever I read one.

11:10 PM  
Blogger L said...

Larry: you are a total romantic :)

comfort addict: yep!

nanuk: ha ha ha! maybe

anonymous: actually, I'm not even sure he's read any of my blog. It could be the ta tas :)

leo: I certainly thought so

5:15 PM  
Blogger glomgold said...

Again, why do I get the sneaking suspicion that final one was concocted by you?

I must squirrel these away for the next time a fair maiden requests I whisper sweet nothings in her ear.

12:06 AM  
Blogger L said...

glomgold: yes, that is the secret! whenever we fair and dainty maidens request sweet nothings, we really mean limericks

11:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home