Sunday, February 25, 2007

ah.... nostalgia

An old photo from Ybor City's Sugar Palm Club, where a bunch of us used to dance almost every weekend.... from left to right in the back: Taylor, Tiffany, and my friend Kym (I forget the name of dancer at the bottom)

I love this picture and just ran into it accidentally. It was the best place to swing dance / lindy hop, and you could see people dressed to the nines and getting tossed up in the air on a regular basis....

le sigh

People usually didn't take too many photos as they were too busy dancing, but here are a few more images I located....


a couple of old flyers:




















and yes, people were being highly ironic

*update: the black-and-white photo at top and the photos on the flyers were taken by Kym O'Donnell, the fuzzy dancing ones were taken by me, and the bottom left dancing photo was sent to me

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Cap'n Rich said...

I think I know Kym. Didn't she used to paint faces with large eyes?

1:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i have nostalgia for the nostalgia of what was probably by then nostalgia.

I was the only kid in my town who wanted a pair of Stacy Adams shoes more than anything in the world for Christmas.

10:08 AM  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

I think I was born in the wrong era. I love watching old movies because it seems like the days gone by were magical.

I got a kick out of "phobophobia: the fear of being afraid." Good grief!

4:07 PM  
Blogger tommyduncn said...

Hey! would you be so kind as to send me an email? tommyduncn att yahoo dot com

4:58 PM  
Blogger L said...

cap'n rich: no, she does photography though

Tim: exactly :)

Jamie Dawn: I love vintage style from the twenties through the fifties... but I wouldn't have wanted to live back then -- women definitely have it a lot better now

Tommy: will do

9:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does anyone know where to reach Kym, I worked with her at the tribune and have a Mamiyac3 for her, ask her to give me a call or drop a line. Mamiyac3@hotmail.com

Jonathan

11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home