Thursday, June 01, 2006

More terrible randomness-- but amazingly enough, I don't really care!

While some of us have been sobbing, wasting away and curling up in fetal positions at work, I certainly hope that everyone else has remembered to celebrate the arrival of June, which, of course, is National Accordion Awareness Month.


Any fashionable person would agree that "Awareness" probably means "run right out immediately and purchase Weird Al Yankovic's fabulous Polka Party! album (if you don't already have it) and throw terribly chic parties where everyone wears poofy dresses and spangly trousers and things, and theme food like Polish sausages are served, and many many beers are delinquently drunk, and then the neighbors complain about the lovely time they're not having and call the police three times, and then you get arrested and have to get bailed out of jail at 3 a.m."

OR it could mean "run away screaming like an oversexed teen in Friday the 13th part 9"

No one's really quite sure.

As for myself, I would like to celebrate.

But I can't celebrate National Accordion Awareness Month by throwing chic parties and getting arrested, as I'm still working my dainty fingers to the bone (i.e., my blogging has been slightly loathsome lately).

In lieu of an interesting post: More Vintage Ads!


Looking for Romance? Don't forget to hate yourself and spend tons and tons of money on our products!


Otherwise, no one will date you!


Of course, everyone knows that the secret to Loveliness is D.D.D. Prescription. What is D.D.D.? Is it "Dainty, Delicious, Delightful"? "Debbie Does Dallas"? "Don't Dial Drunkenly"?
Regardless, it is sold by your chemist and prevents "blackheads, pimples, boils and rashes" as well as "eczema, dermatitis, psoriasis and impetigo"!


But if you're over the age of 21, it may already be too late!

7 Comments:

Blogger Panthergirl said...

Laughing out loud for a few reasons. First, because I PLAYED the accordion as a kid! And second, because those ads are so hilarious.

I work for the company that makes Pond's, and we have an old ad that says, "She's engaged...she's lovely...she uses POND'S!"

2:04 PM  
Blogger Krishen said...

Hey L... it was nice to meet you on Sat -- love the blog! Funny, all those pompous women seem quite oblivious to the fact that their skin is BLACK AND WHITE.

11:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:36 PM  
Blogger Frustrated Writer said...

hmm, maybe I should worry about my dried skin. hmm, maybe not. accordions are interesting in a "wow, someone is castrating seals out back...ooops, my mistake, it is only an accordion" sort of way.

12:00 PM  
Blogger L said...

panthergirl: oh my goodness, that is so funny! Is there anything you haven't done?? And I would like to say that those ad are parodies-- but they aren't!

krishen: Hey! Sorry it's taken me SO LONG to respond. I haven't seen you out and about lately....

frustrated writer: I'm with you on the accordions :)

12:20 PM  
Blogger glomgold said...

I love accordian music and have quite a few albums of it, though no polka yet.
"Middle-age skin". How horrid!

9:49 PM  
Blogger L said...

glomgold: yes, it is horrid. thank goodness I still have the fresh complexion of a 12 year old :)

8:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home