Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Loitering...

La la la la la la la!

The birds are singing, the sun is shining, and I'm not working to-day. La la la la la! I've been decorating the beach instead.

Also on the agenda: loitering, napping, watching odd movies, meandering, doodling and eating nibbly cheese bits and things.

Movie Reviews for the Discerning Reader

Disco Godfather
This funky flick is amazing-- truly a work of amazing beauty and wonder! You have tight rollerskaters in hot pants, horrible acting, hilarious PCP freakouts, a groovy soundtrack, and Rudy Ray Moore wearing a spangled powder blue jumpsuit while tracking down a drug kingpin. He karate chops, he "gets down", he talks smack! He gets kidnapped and forced to inhale angel dust through a gas mask! He "puts his weight on it!" Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!! I recommend watching it back-to-back with Dolemite whenever possible.

Last Hurrah for Chivalry
This one's a fantastic 1970s martial arts flick that starts immediately with a high energy, schlocky chop-socky fight sequence. Although John Woo directed, I didn't see a single bloody gun battle, but it's still full of violent fight scenes, a mystical sword, honor and vengeance. Despite the two dimensional characters, I really enjoyed the drunken wandering assassin and the showdown with the "Sleeping Wizard" who does kung fu in his sleep. I recommend watching it back-to-back with either Master of the Flying Guillotine or Duel to the Death.


But despite the lovely day off with a trip to the beach and the amusing films, I am still sadly without a personal masseur, a private jet, champagne and my very own pet monkey. Will this saga never end?

More terrible news:
I have Thursday and Friday off as well, and I haven't decided what I'm going to do yet. I have been wrestling with this horrible dilemma between naps and the beach all day!

possible options for to-morrow:
1. Clean my car and go to the gym
2. Tidy up the apartment and go to the gym
3. Eat ice cream and nap, then putter around doing nothing in particular
4. Go to the zoo and bake cookies and nap a bit
5. Go to the Aquarium and bake cookies
6. Take more naps, bake cookies and go to the beach again
7. Have go-cart rides at Malibu Grand Prix then take a nap
8. Go horseback riding then eat ice cream before napping
9. Balance the checkbook and go to the gym
10. Spend time at a lovely day spa and bake cookies

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home