Monday, May 22, 2006

Visions of Despair, Illusions of Hope

The pained sobbing and *thumb-sucking is starting to die down a bit now that my project only has a week and a half remaining. The nervous tics, the **horrid nightmares and delirium are will shortly be a thing of the past, and soon I will be dancing the can-can and ***eating enchiladas again.

In the meantime, of course, I've been searching for a suitable stress reliever.

Should I head on down to TobaccoLand and start smoking? I've never so much as picked up a cigarette before, but clearly it is a glamorous and fascinating hobby of the Stars. The pearly white teeth, the rosy complexions, the slicked-back hair.... no wonder 3 out of 4 doctors from the 1950s recommend it!


Luckily, if I start now I can smoke for Pleasure today, and avoid that pesky hangover to-morrow. ****After all, it is for my health.



* just kidding! I haven't sucked my thumb in months!

** Twice now I've had this dream where I'm having a dinner party at my apartment, and a bunch of co-workers are there, and somehow people keep getting stuck behind my refrigerator, and no one can figure out how to get them out, let alone how they got there in the first place, and it's all very bothersome. They keep poking their arms out and calling for help while the rest of us nibble on hors d'oeuvres and argue over whether or not to call the fire department. As I recall, most of the dinner guests wind up leaving for a movie or something, and I'm stuck listening to the others complain about how I don't dust behind the refrigerator.

*** I love asterisks! Also, commas

**** my most pointless post ever. blame my project

5 Comments:

Blogger Omnipotent Poobah said...

A cigarette hangover? Hmmm. Methinks Ricky was smokin' something else down at the club if he got a hangover.

RICKY! YOU GOT SOME SPLAININ' TO DOOOO!

11:17 PM  
Blogger Jim Anderson said...

Equally pointless observation: you have some very strange photo names.

1:18 AM  
Blogger Ron Southern said...

You better let those people out!

1:40 AM  
Blogger glomgold said...

That sounds like a pretty good dream actually. I'd take that one.
Zoinks!!!! I can't believe I haven't been around here in 47 posts?! Is that possible? Sorry.

7:08 PM  
Blogger L said...

omnipotent poobah: ha ha ha! I always loved it when he said "splainin'". ha ha ha

Jim: hello there, my good man. yes, I suppose they are :)

ron southern: I woke up too soon!

Glomgold: that's okay-- I haven't been around here for 47 posts either :)

9:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home