Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Still Swamped

Despite the fact the fact that I still have approximately 5,345,987.2 boxes left to unpack in my kitchen, and despite a mysterious case of flying ants, I have still managed to soldier on and participate in various shennanigans this week.

Saturday night was "Wigstock 2007!", which is an annual party where everyone is required to wear some sort of obnoxious wig. My "Castle Cheerleading Team" look was probably the least creative, however, as people showed up wearing everything from Cousin It to a fabulously tasteless mirkin. I didn't get home until 7 am due to circumstances beyond my control.

On Sunday, a couple of us toddled on over to the Tampa Theater for the Thin Man, which is probably the booziest film I've ever seen in my life. Afterwards, we oozed on over to The Hub for its fashionable combination of young ironic hipsters, very stiff drinks and aging, cancer-ridden barflies trading cigarettes and local gossip. Of course, a bar brawl broke out, which was terribly exciting and involved macho posturing, broken fingers, people trying to fling other people through glass doors, women crying, broken bicycles, screeching cop cars and an ambulance that sat around looking useless.

On a side note, can I just say that The Hub now has, um, the hottest bartender in the whole Tampa Bay area? She slithered on over to ask if she could collect our empties, and we were all "Okay, uh, anything you want" and handing her our mostly full glasses before we realized what we were doing.

I love The Hub.


Nothing else happened lately, other than:
1. I didn't win the lottery
2. I've given up men for Lent
3. I still need to research the best type of jacuzzi for bathing in chocolate
4. I haven't really been blogging
5. I'm behind on my kung fu movies

That is all.

Labels: , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Cap'n Rich said...

Lil' l,

All my life I have waited to hear someone use the word 'merkin'. Now I can rest in peace thanks to you and Wilkipedia, however you might spell it.

Thanks.

3:24 AM  
Blogger glomgold said...

But where's the pictures? Of your castle cheerleading wig and of the superhot bartender lady? No need for the merkin.
Happy 4th of Jooly.

1:22 PM  
Blogger L said...

hey cap'n! I'm so glad I could help :)

glomgold: I will post photos as soon as I get some

8:09 PM  
Blogger Vox Populi said...

boy you got some life. I love the wigstock thingy.

2:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home