Monday, January 24, 2005

An Obscenely Cold Monday ... I Have My Furniture Delivered By A Female Impersonator

Today was horribly chilly, which is simply poor advertising for a state that prides itself on its tourist industry. I won't even discuss the wind chill factor, because then I will cry. However, I did get to wear a fashionably adorable coat, which is the most important thing.

Another bright spot to an otherwise dreary day: I finally had my bedroom suite furniture delivered: a gorgeous Art Deco set comprised of an intricately inlaid bed, vanity, armoire and nightstand. I shall sleep stylishly and dream of a scantily-clad Jude Law fanning me with peacock feathers as Johnny Depp peels grapes and pops them in my mouth while I read a leather bound Dostoyevsky that smells faintly of chocolate. Not only will they fan and peel, but these lovely specimens of manhood will also vacuum, dust, and massage my feet. I have been admiring my new furniture extensively all evening, and I feel quite sure that both of them will compliment me on my exquisite taste when they visit.

The furniture movers were quite friendly, especially a burly chap named Victor. He and I had a rather fun conversation about lucite purses (we both collect), odd paintings (mine) and performance art (his). What Sort Of Performance Art, I asked after joking about his love of purses.

As it turns out, the friendly Victor is also the Fabulous Vicki Leigh, a female impersonator who occasionally does drag shows when he isn't refinishing or delivering antique furniture. He oohed and aahed over my Fantasy Fest photos from last year (a couple are in my November archives), and showed me his photo with full war paint. He seems very fond of the 1960s Beach Party Look-- a la Annette Funicello.

He also has a photo link on the site of Miss Vicki Rene, who is Now A Lady Ready For The Millenium. I had a wonderful time perusing her Tribute To The Showgirls Of Yesterday

If anyone is searching for a good furniture refinisher, let me know and I will contact Victor. He is apparently quite reasonable.

5 Comments:

Blogger Rhodent said...

I didn't think your feet were dusty!!!

8:43 PM  
Blogger portuguesa nova said...

I love it! I hope you tipped him well.

8:37 PM  
Blogger L said...

Yep -- I told him I wanted to see his show!

9:04 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

The delivery guy was something! Haha. And he seemed very friendly too! But I think what impressed me most is the way he interacted with the clients. And I’m pretty sure he handled your furniture quite well. :)

Pedro-PackCrateAndShip.com

2:05 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

It's good to know that the crew who helped you with your furniture were all friendly. They had a smooth-sailing process in delivering your antique furniture. It was delivered to you without a scratch and you were able to meet a good refinisher as well. I'm sure that you had a pleasant day back then.

Renea Luong @ Legacy

9:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home