Monday, March 26, 2007

the weather is beautiful-- wish you were here!

The weather is so gorgeous this week that I thought I would celebrate by posting a couple of oldish Florida postcards I found floating around on the AmericanPostcardArt website.

No other images so perfectly capture the smiling eagerness and warmth with which our native inhabitants greet the seasonal visitor-- they perfectly epitomize our state.

Of course, I'm really just saying this because I couldn't find any postcards showing enormous cockroaches, handguns, strip malls, meth addicts, pole dancing, sinkholes, sunburns, dentures, psychics, cocaine, sandspurs or nursing homes.

sorry

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where else on the Internet can one learn that there is an American Greeting Card Website and a blank sheet of paper masterpiece.

Is it any wonder why I check in everyday?

LoveIt

6:01 PM  
Blogger kristin said...

OK that was brill, L!

I personally wish to greet all frat blockheads and their waiting-on-breast-augmenations girlfrens with the propeller blades of my own Everglades boat. CHOP CHOP!!!

8:30 PM  
Blogger Professor Pyramid said...

With all your enthusiasm for Florida, that reminds me: Did you ever realize your dream of buying a house?

3:58 PM  
Blogger LK said...

This week on MTV I saw some daredevils swimming in the Florida gator creeks and levitating the gators (by grabbing them under the chin and raising them out of the water).

It made me realise how much I'm missing out on.

8:13 PM  
Blogger L said...

Goader: I always strive to educate the blog-reading public whenever possible :)

Irene: thankyou! do you want to go to Flight 19 with us tomorrow? should be fun...

Professor: not yet-- I've been swamped!

Leo: whoah! that's crazy talk...

11:25 PM  
Blogger kristin said...

i obviously missed out on all fun flight 19-ness and will miss out on the (likely) other drunken antics of this First Friday. Get back wif me next weekend!

9:22 PM  
Blogger L said...

Irene: yes, you missed a good time... I'll give you a call :)

11:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home