Thursday, September 07, 2006

Another very special post on odd art!

As it's been a little while, I thought I'd inflict another scholarly art critique on whomever is irresponsible enough to be reading useless blogs at this late hour. Don't you have a job or something?

Outdoor sculpture -- Title unknown, artist unknown

Some critics maintain that it is difficult to enter the metaphorical narrative of this sculpture due to its esoteric symbolism and incohesive content; others contend that this difficulty is mainly due to the dilemma of having to dodge the perplexing amount of flying babies that seem to be emanating from this piece. And, while the figures exhibit a clean purity of line and an eloquently simple resonance of form, one must ask: what the @#%!!???

Of course, it's quite obvious to all but the most uneducated that this artist has issued a vibrant proclamation, a stirring call to arms, and a searing indictment of something. If you have to ask what this means, however, we certainly can't be bothered to explain.



* additional odd art posts may be found in the drop down box under my avatar
** image pulled from boners.com

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Cap'n Rich said...

!@#$ no, I don't have a job. What are you? Some kind of peasant or something? Maybe I shouldn't be reading your scribblings?

But I am. I defy convention.

My PC wouldn't open up the image of outdoor art saying, "if you feel this is unfair, contact your your service provider."

I'm not about to do this. There's no telling what odd art you have
posted now. I don't want to get my name on some police list along side of yours.

Just thought you might want to know. Have a nice smiley day. Now i'll have to take about 15 minutes just X ing out of your blog. Something is not working right there. I've been meaning to bring it to your attention before but I kept puting it off. Contact your service provider if you feel this is un fair.

:)

3:36 AM  
Blogger Ron Southern said...

What's the big deal? I just thought it was some God-like form of play. If the babies are Gods, too, then there's no harm, no foul, and they're having a good time. Like dogs who play with the puppies.

3:22 PM  
Blogger Senor Caiman said...

Dude,

Is that statue wearing a fanny pack? The guy has guts.

9:13 PM  
Blogger Mushy said...

Why would anyone put a statue honoring an abuser of babies? Look at the body slams and drop kicks - awful!

4:23 PM  
Blogger L said...

cap'n rich: Sir! You are very lucky then :) that is so odd that you can't see the image... hmmm....

Ron: that's an interesting take on it :)

Senor Caiman: heh heh heh. I would just call it a "spare tire" :)

Mushy: I wish I knew what the heck the artist was trying to portray here -- but it is funny

6:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home